Archer MR600 Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
144 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 Random Disconnects
2020-06-19 20:38:41

@Guillaume_1978 

I never thought I'd be the type of person, but I've decided to write off the MR600. It was a great router, apart from the disconnects. With still no firmware in site, I'm going to try upgrading to Hawauii 5G now. It was a great 8 months. Thanks for all the fish.

Options
2020-06-24 10:32:01 - last edited 2020-06-24 10:33:24

@Kevin_Z Hello.

I just purchased a TP-Link MR600, and it disconnects all the time.

The longer time it has been connected is 3 minutes.

It disconnects, I have to restart it several times and randomly it sometimes recover connection, but then it lose it again quickly.

My cellphone with same SIM is working perfectly.

I noticed that while the router is disconnected (has dropped internet), my Torrent client is still downloading and uploading files, and in the same time Chrome sais there is no internet.

Some idea before I send the router back to the shop?

The firmware is up to date, and the ISP upgrade sais it is a wrong file.

Kind regards.

Options
2020-06-24 18:15:16

@Viej0 you can have a look at answer #39 if the TP-Link support team does not get back to you promptly / with fresher information

Viej0 wrote

@Kevin_Z Hello.

I just purchased a TP-Link MR600, and it disconnects all the time.

The longer time it has been connected is 3 minutes.

It disconnects, I have to restart it several times and randomly it sometimes recover connection, but then it lose it again quickly.

My cellphone with same SIM is working perfectly.

I noticed that while the router is disconnected (has dropped internet), my Torrent client is still downloading and uploading files, and in the same time Chrome sais there is no internet.

Some idea before I send the router back to the shop?

The firmware is up to date, and the ISP upgrade sais it is a wrong file.

Kind regards.

Options
2020-06-25 08:24:15 - last edited 2020-06-25 08:25:09

Hi @Guillaume_1978 . Couple of questions.

Is it possible to rollback the firmware update?

Would it affect the warranty?

Yesterday I noticed the router is not disconnecting.

What it does is block some domains sometimes, but once you are watching a stream for example, it will never disconnect that peer.

E.g: Yesterday I was watching a twitch channel for hours with no disconnection, at the same time I was playing an online game with no disconnection, but also along those hours, to enter to some webpages I had to refresh the web browser it 3 or 4 times (or more) until the connection allowed me to enter to that webpage. Along those hours, the router was connecting and disconnecting, but the stream and the videogame were all the time working fine.

I think the problem comes from my ISP.

I think my ISP refuses some connections due to keep the bandwidth on the zone.

Options
2020-06-28 19:33:37

Today I updated firmware from the Beta with band select to the last one, but also today I've had to switch off/on the MR600 because it was disconnected from WiFi network while using Internet, but this time I've had no problems reconnecting to WiFi.

In the past days, after disconnection from WiFi, the computer wasn't able to reconnect to WiFi: "Can't connect to this network". Restarting computer did not solve the problem. I had to switch off/on the router.

At least in my case, it seems that the problem is disconnection from WiFi.

Options
2020-06-29 14:22:22
Thank you for sharing this info!
Options
2020-06-30 09:51:06

@Datman. 

Thank you for this!

Would you mind telling us what is your firmware version?

What do you mean by "with band select to the last one"?

Thank you in advance!

Datman. wrote

Today I updated firmware from the Beta with band select to the last one, but also today I've had to switch off/on the MR600 because it was disconnected from WiFi network while using Internet, but this time I've had no problems reconnecting to WiFi.

In the past days, after disconnection from WiFi, the computer wasn't able to reconnect to WiFi: "Can't connect to this network". Restarting computer did not solve the problem. I had to switch off/on the router.

At least in my case, it seems that the problem is disconnection from WiFi.

Options
2020-07-21 21:25:11

@Elia I also have random disconnects on my new MR600.

Used a MR200 before in the same location without this problem.

David, Sweden

Options
2020-07-28 15:26:27

I have same problem here. Live in Sweden. I use Vimla/Telenor sim card. It keeps disconnecting all the time. SIM-card function properly in both my Iphones but not in the MR600.

Options
2020-07-29 09:02:51 - last edited 2020-07-29 09:03:17

@LarsR My gut feeling... The MR600 disconnects severaltimes every hour and when you try to access it it's Offline but then tries to reconnect so after a minute or so the MR600 is back Online. ...for a while. I used my MR600 for a month and had like 500 disconnects from internet. My MR200 worked in the same location for three years without any problems. Exact same antenna and setup.

(I only use 3G, Hallon/TRE)

Piece of crap firmware/HW...

Options
Related Articles