Archer MR600 Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 Random Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
144 Reply
Re:Archer MR600 Random Disconnects
2020-11-16 17:40:49

@G111 It is not a problem of the router but of the provider. 

Options
2020-11-16 18:27:49

@Elia it is not, other 4G modems work correct at my connection only the MR600 disconnects, it's almost two years this problem has been on the table and NOTHING tp-link has done to solve this problem. Never I will buy something from TP-link, like LG and other brands, simple solution: no CS, no help you are out plain simple, I will never buy products from these brands.

Options
2020-11-17 08:00:12
100% agree with you. This is not an issue with provider but with the modem itself.
Options
2020-12-07 09:53:39
Hi All, i came here for the same reason. I have a Huawei Router and TPLink EA110 Outdoor router connected to my Archer MR600. Problem started two weeks ago when my Huawei suddenly lost its internet every day but the EAP110 wasn't affected. Internet on restored back in Huawei when I restarted the MR600. Following day same problem again so I tried to ditch out Huawei since I am also thinking its around 3 years old already. I bought a new TP Link router but less than 5 days later, problem is back. Problem now is worse. Everyday of around the same time, the new TP link routers lost its internet again. I changed ports already but to no avail. I have to restart the MR600 to solve the issue. Problem on restarting the Archer was that the other users under EAP110 will also gets affected on the process. Seems this problem was already a year old. Obviously, TPLink has blinded and turn away its support responsibilities. I have incoming bigger project but with this problem going on for a year makes me shift to other router provider. Anyone from TPLink support to resolve this issue once and for all?
Options
2020-12-07 10:07:48

@Sunshine

I think its better to solve here than email so everyone with the same problem can dig this thread.

Ticket subject# [forum ID 176312 ] Archer MR600 Random Disconnects and send to support@tp-link.com;

Please provide the following answers:

1. Where are you located and who is your SIM card carrier? My internet is stable. It's just that one of the two router connected to my Archer MR600 lost its internet.
  2. How long have you had the modem and when did the issue start? 3 months.Problem started two weeks ago.
  3. Did both an Ethernet connection and wireless connection drop out very frequently? Ethernet on the connected router via LAN port lost its internet.
  4. How did you recover the connection, reboot the modem, or something else? Reboot the modem, ARcher MR600.
  5. Please save a picture of the status page(advanced>status) and system log when the connection dropped;(make sure you did not reboot the modem before saving the log since reboot would clear the useful logs, thanks in advance.) Will post the logs soon if it disconnects again. I already restarted the modem.

Note. I have modem's auto restart automatically every day at 3am since day 1.

Options
2020-12-08 13:20:57
I think I did solve the problem by enabling the IGMP snooping under LAN settings. The connected router to Archer Mr600 should have lost its internet in a daily occurrence but nothing happens today. Will update tomorrow if it's working still...
Options
2020-12-08 22:11:17

@Kentthegreet1  Thank you for this finding. Could you please clarify on what piece of hardware exactly you made that change and maybe to provide a screenshot of the relevant settings page?  Thank you so much for your help. 

Options
2020-12-09 00:53:44 - last edited 2020-12-09 01:17:24

@Guillaume_1978 

My Archer Mr600 has 2 routers connected to its 2 of the 4 LAN ports. Weird is it always disconnect the first router everyday at around exact time, I just enabled the Archer's IGMP snooping and the problem seems gone at the moment. I'm not really sure if that makes sense at all. Please see screenshot 

Options
2020-12-12 11:46:29

@Guillaume_1978 

I've the same problem as you guys.

I always had TP-Link routers and never had any problems until now with the MR600. Just before this one I was using the MR200 and it was working fine.

I think I've a found a fix for this issue. But it's temporary until TP-Link engineers find a stable fix.

Since apparently the problem occurs because of LTE band auto-switching technology, I've just switch off the Smart Connect setting and use only the 5GHz wireless band. (if you're too far away from the router and have a weak signal try using only the 2.4GHz wireless band)

Until now this fix has worked. I'll let you know if the issue occurs again.

I'm in the UK using Vodafone Unlimited Max contract (this plan is not capped).
---
For those who have noticed disconnections at a specific time, check the router if the Auto Restart setting is perhaps enabled.

Options
2020-12-16 10:35:42

@Kentthegreet1 Thanks! Enabling IGMP Snooping in the Advanced tab under Network/LAN Settings seems to have solved the issue for me on firmware version 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n.

Options
Related Articles