Automation and actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Automation and actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Automation and actions
Automation and actions
2019-11-15 09:07:10
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Automation in Deco app is cool but I would like to have more possibilities with action on an automation other than a notification which is quite useless. If I create an automation when all familymembers mobiles are disconnected I would like to turn of lights in other home automation systems or Home Assistant or in Google Home. A notification can't trigger anything. Seems like I have to buy a TP link bulb and turn that off which in turn trigger some other scene. If I get a Tplink bulb will I need yet another TP link app? Or is it available in the Deco app? Is the buld state aware? So that I can turn it off even if it is turned off, so that Home Assistant as an example can act on the Off command?

For action a http and/or an email would be more useful.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Automation and actions
2019-11-18 01:54:43

@Stiffboard 

Hello, except notiification, there are many other actions we can choose. Below is the instruction to setup Automation on Deco app, you can read step 3 to get more information. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1901/

Meanwhile, here is the smart home device compatibility list of the Deco M9 plus. https://www.tp-link.com/Deco-M9-Plus/compatibility/

The TP-Link smart bulb is compatible with Deco M9 plus, and you can use the KASA APP to manage it. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Automation and actions
2019-11-18 16:48:54

@Kevin_Z Hi, I get that TP link wants me to buy more TP link products. But I already got a few and home automation is all about open APIs and working together. I'm trying in many different ways to create a Geo fence functionality. I want to catch when there's no-one at home and when the first person is home. The app is better since upgrade, now I can create an automation without the need for all to be home at the same time, couldn't choose offline devices before. There is also a delay that I can set now. So when all familymembers smart phones are disconnected, wait for a couple of minutes and then send a notification that no one is at home. Only I can't do much with a notification, just remind me to manually do something about it. And the delay doesn't seem to work, if someone connects before the four minutes have gone, I would like to stop the notification. Doesn't seem to work that way as I'm getting false positives again and again.

In all home automation solutions I've been working with there is a need to create dummy devices which can be triggered, and in turn that dummy device start a scene. Doesn't seem to be possible with TP-Link though.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1438

Replies: 2

Related Articles