Archer A9 remote access/login issue via TP-LINK Cloud ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-24 23:08:39
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Good day

I've recently installed a Archer A9(as a router/PPPoE) in my country house and now, from another location I'm not able to login remotely via the Tether app.

It just stays on the "Logging in to Archer A9..." for ~10 seconds and goes back to the "My devices" app section without being able to login.

I logged out and then back in to my TP-LINK account in the Tether app but it made no difference.

I am able to access some third party "home automation" devices that connect to the internet via the A9 so the internet connection is working.

In the Tether app the A9 appears as ONLINE.

Want to mention that I did test the remote access function after the installation by switching to mobile data and everything was working/logging in.

I also own a Archer C6(had it for almost 5 months) and never encountered this issue with the C6(different location,same ISP-PPPoE).

I will reboot the A9 when I'll get back to it's location but in the meantime wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions?...Is this a known or common issue?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer A9 remote access/login issue via TP-LINK Cloud ID
2019-11-26 21:04:40
bump
Options
2019-11-27 07:05:26

@SSMP 

Thanks for your requesting.

First, except reboot the router, please check the system time of the Archer A9; you can login to the web UI locally and go to advanced-system tools-time settings to correct it. You even can change the time zone to another one and then change it back or switch to another NTP server. 

Besides,in case you can enable the remote management and setup DDNS, so tha you can use the domain name to access it remotely;  so if it happens again, you can login to the web UI of the A9 via domain name to check more settings, especially the system time. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1367/

May it help. 

Options
2019-11-28 17:04:54

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your response.

Got back to the router's location.

Kevin_Z wrote

...please check the system time of the Archer A9; you can login to the web UI locally and go to advanced-system tools-time settings to correct it. You even can change the time zone to another one and then change it back or switch to another NTP server. 

I did that(changed time zone,pressed on obtain , waited for it to update to the new time zone,changed zone back again... long story short it definitely synced) but it made no difference on it's own.It started working only after a reboot.

So everything worked fine (meaning I could see, login & manage both router's in the app via the TP-LINK Cloud account even on a third party mobile connection) for about half a day.

Now the Archer C6 is showing offline even though I know for certain that it is connected to the internet.

Kevin_Z wrote

Besides,in case you can enable the remote management and setup DDNS, so tha you can use the domain name to access it remotely;  so if it happens again, you can login to the web UI of the A9 via domain name to check more settings, especially the system time. 

DDNS is a option but that's not the issue here.

And it would be kind of ridiculous(and redundant)  using a form of remote access to fix another form of remote access.

Having two routers on the same Tp-Link cloud account seems to be the problem for some reason.

Anyway, thank you again for your assistance.

Oh, one more thing if you would be so kind...

...My EU Archer A9 came with the 1.0.4(Build 20190522) firmware version that isn't listed on the support page.

Any idea as to why it's not listed?

Cheers

Options
2019-12-04 00:31:02

Update: Both devices have been working correctly with the app(remotely) for the last 3 days.

Perhaps it was a temporary problem with TP-LINK's servers because I haven't changed anything in the meantime.

It's more of a personal curiosity but I still don't understand why there are two different build dates for the same firmware version 1.0.4.

Mine(EU on the label) is dated 190522 that appears to be the "first firmware version" for the Archer A9(RU)_V6.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1640

Replies: 4

Related Articles