iPhone 11 won't connect to deco.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-26 20:48:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My daughter's iPhone has stopped connecting to our Deco wifi. We have wiped the network setting on the phone which didn't work, we even completely reset to iPhone. The phones find the network but just sit there with a spinning wheel. Her phone connects to other wifi networks and hotspots. It looks as if the deco is blocking the phone - I've checked on the Deco app and can't find any reason why she would be blocked. 

Any ideas to what's causing this issue?

Options
10 Reply
Re:iPhone 11 won't connect to deco.
2019-11-27 02:37:25

@MalaIRL Take a look into Settings/General/About on Iphone if you have WIFI MAC ADDRESS. If not you need fully restore iphone.

Options
2019-11-27 03:50:08

@MalaIRL 

Try to disable fast roaming first and ensure that this iPhone has not been added into the blacklist or parental control list. 

And you can disable 5GHz and enable 2.4GHz only or enable guest network to give it a go. 

Still the same, please simplify the network diagram, that is to say, connect the main Deco  to the modem only and verify whether you can connect the iPhone to the Deco's wifi network.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2019-11-27 21:15:17
Fast roaming is disabled by default Tried disabling the 5Ghz - didn't connect Enabled Guest network - didn't connect Simplifying network, I'll have to leave till the weekend as the rest of the family will complain. Just to confirm - power down Deco's except for the main one and try connecting.
Options
2019-11-28 01:26:43

@MalaIRL 

Thanks for your reply. 

Just take your time and give it a go.

Besides, you can reboot the iPhone 11 and update the latest software and try again.

Any updates, just let us know. 

Options
2020-06-26 17:19:47

@MalaIRL My IPHONE X was doing the same thing, all kinds of troubleshooting and the second I disabled fast roaming on the Deco app my phone could connect.  Guess I cannot use that function but thank you for this post.

Options
2020-12-22 04:29:17

I'm having a similar issue except it's for all my TP link EAP and deco's

None of my Iphones have started connecting since Nov 19, I don't know if it's an apple thing or a TP-Link thing. 

I made an open network with no security on 2.4 to see if I could get my iPhone 6 and 7 to connect they would not. Every other device works, If I tether from my oneplus android phone the iPhone can connect no problem. 

Disabled mesh, fast switching, there is no mac filtering..

WTF is going on?

Options
2020-12-22 10:58:42

@Zazzn1, I haven't had the issue in a long time. How I resolved the issue was to shut down everything, including the broadband router. Leave everything off for at least a minute (not sure if that makes any difference), then start with your router allow if to come back online and then start switching on the Deco's one by one.

Options
2020-12-22 16:13:59

@MalaIRL 

Actually, it seems that the problem was my actual router this time.. All the access points in my house were reset, even set them to open wifi. My router wasn't giving out IP addresses for some reason. Couldn't even connect to the router via web browser... Reset the router and the world is wonderful again.

Options
2020-12-22 16:39:10 - last edited 2020-12-22 16:40:44

@Zazzn1 

If the problem comes again, find "DHCP Lease Time" (or equivalent) setting in your router and check what it is set to. If it is set to "Forever" or very long period (weeks), change it to shorter period, such as few hours or even less.

Options
2021-07-14 06:25:50

Try to reset all settings which possibly works. Or you have to fully restore your iPhone by iTunes. But there is better tool - TunesKit iOS System Recovery which can resolve the error quicker.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 7914

Replies: 10