Deco P9 Used as Main Router - Connect Via Ethernet to Wifi network on main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Used as Main Router - Connect Via Ethernet to Wifi network on main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-27 19:31:22 - last edited 2019-11-28 01:32:04

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a set of three Deco P9's. With one Deco P9 used as the main router and the other two in various parts of the house. 

The Deco P9 used as the main router connects to my service providers router/modem by ethernet cable to the Deco P9 used as my main router.

I have a desktop PC situated close to the Deco P9 used as the main router, and wish to connect this PC by ethernet to the same network as broadcast by the Deco P9 used as the main router.

Is it possible, or is there a configuration, to be able to connect a PC to the ethernet port on the Deco P9 used as the main router and see the same wifi network that is broadcast by the Deco P9 used as the main router?

I have tried a couple of ideas, but they do not work to date.

Any help or ideas very much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 Used as Main Router - Connect Via Ethernet to Wifi network on main router-Solution
2019-11-27 22:40:59 - last edited 2019-11-28 01:32:04

Hi @BozMoz ,

Very many thanks and just tried that and it all worked a treat with and without switch.

Thanks again.

Tank.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Used as Main Router - Connect Via Ethernet to Wifi network on main router
2019-11-27 22:21:40

@Tank 

plug in your computer to a spare Ethernet port in your main deco or buy a switch, plug that into the main deco and then plug your computer into the switch.

Options
Re:Deco P9 Used as Main Router - Connect Via Ethernet to Wifi network on main router-Solution
2019-11-27 22:40:59 - last edited 2019-11-28 01:32:04

Hi @BozMoz ,

Very many thanks and just tried that and it all worked a treat with and without switch.

Thanks again.

Tank.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco P9 Used as Main Router - Connect Via Ethernet to Wifi network on main router
2019-11-28 01:32:00

@Tank 

Thanks for your reply Tank, glad to hear that it works well. 

Except connecting Deco to the modem/other Deco by wired cable, the spare ethernet port on the Deco units can be connected to computer or other wired devices to get internet access. 

And if the desktop supports wifi connection, it still can detect the wifi network broadcasted by the Deco.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3471

Replies: 3

Related Articles