Devices not listed in categories on Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-27 21:59:51
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: M9 Plus - 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel 54023 / M5 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel 47476

Deco Wifi network setup - 

• Main Deco M9 Plus | Location - Garage
  • 2 x M9 Plus | Location - Office & Walk-in Wardrobe
  • M5 | Location - Shed
  • Main Deco M9 plus is set up as a router / fast roaming disabled
  • Main Deco connects to other Deco through ethernet backhaul. 

I noticed the devices (all) in categories were not getting updated, plus the upload and download speeds were always zero. I removed the app from my iPhone and reinstalled, now categories are displaying no devices. Installed the Deco on the House iPad mini - logged in, same issue no devices displayed in categories. 

Any ideas what's causing the issue. 

Thanks MalaIRL

Options
7 Reply
Re:Devices not listed in categories on Deco App
2019-11-28 06:22:36

@MalaIRL 

What do you mean that the devices in categories did not get updated? Please provide more information. 

Regarding to the upload and download speed, actually it is not the speed the device can get, instead, it indicates the real time traffic. You can grab one device listed under online devices and then try to open a web browser or watch videos and verify whether the upload/download value changes. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-28 11:42:59

@Kevin_Z 

no devices are displayed in the categories window - it's blank.

Kevin_Z wrote

@MalaIRL 

What do you mean that the devices in categories did not get updated? Please provide more information. 

Regarding to the upload and download speed, actually it is not the speed the device can get, instead, it indicates the real time traffic. You can grab one device listed under online devices and then try to open a web browser or watch videos and verify whether the upload/download value changes. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-29 03:21:37

@MalaIRL 

I see; sorry I missed that. 

Try to refresh the Deco app and reboot the Deco nodes to give it a go first. 

Then you can remove the app and reinstall it again. 

Still the same, please show us a picture of the categories page. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-10-17 18:25:48

@Kevin_Z 

Hi TP-link,

Same issue on my side. I use 2 x M4R and 2 x E4R. 

Don;t know if this is a coincidence with upgrade to 1.4.3 or not. 

DECO app version used is the latest one ... 2.3.2.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2021-10-08 19:41:15 - last edited 2021-10-08 19:51:15

I have the same issue suddently today, did not change anything on my network.

I also do not see any clients anymore on the http://<router>/webpages/index.html#networkMap

Uninstalled the app and installed it again (still same version 2.9.24), still see no clients anywhere.

Since I was still on a version below 1.4.3 on my deco M4R (v1), I upgraded them to 1.4.3, that incldues a reboot of both deco's, thinking it would solve the issue but no, still see no clients.

Then even rebooted again the deco's, still no clients seen anywhere?

On the general page the device list is blank; on each of the decos, I can see the speed but no clients as well; on the web interface network mapo there are no clients as well.

What the heck, I do not want to do a full reset and start over again! What is going on here?

PS: I have a basic setup, no QoS or weirdo stuff, only the SIG ALG and 802.11r disabled, router mode -- remember, I did not change anything on my network config.

Options
2021-10-08 20:20:41

Ah, another think I noticed, is that I had 2 devices with reservation (mac > iP) and now they are stil lthere but show as "other", looks like the deco lost the "database" of the names given to the devices?

Options
2021-10-08 20:43:22

Eventually removed both decos (first the satellite then the main) doing a reset, reconfigured everyting (even used the same ddns, kudos to this) again and now it shows again the clients.

So, indeed something happened with adding a client or something that caused this "internal db" of names/devices to get corrupted, and the only way forward is to redo the entire network by resetting the deco's.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2231

Replies: 7