Time blocking and website filter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-28 09:42:33

Hello, I am new to TP Link products, I'm looking for a router/switch (prerably a switch). I have a modem (ONU) and wireless router and these devices provided by my ISP (D-Link). I want to use the Home Deco M5. But it doesn't suite my need. I need to have a network that is powered with mesh WiFi. But I do have some restriction rule need to obey. These are the rules:

- Need custom time blocking like in picture below (picture from Google).

- Need to have website blocking. Doesn't matter block by DNS or whatever.

- All new and old connected devices will receive the same settings once connected which I don't have to add manually into blocking restriction.

Do any TP Link's products can achieve my goal? Please suggest me a product.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Time blocking and website filter
2019-11-29 10:43:55

@am54ful 

Hello, the TP-Link router can satisfy the first two requests. In other word, you can customize the time blocking and you can setup blacklist to filter the blocked websites. 

While the managed devices under parental control list need to be added manually. That is to say, with a new device connected, there is no limitation until you add it to the parental control list manually. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Time blocking and website filter
2019-11-29 11:40:06

@Kevin_Z thanks for your reply. I see the alternative. Can you suggest any router model for that? Thanks. Your help valuable

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1245

Replies: 2

Related Articles