deco speed vs device speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-29 09:44:26
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

I've just installed 3 units of deco M9 and the deco app I am getting speed of 300 Mbps (which the speed provided by my ISP).

However, when speed is tested in the devices, I getting much lower speed.

Even if the device is connected to the main deco and in the same room, I am getting speed in the range of 40 to 60 Mbps.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Here are some extra information:

• The ISP modem is HG8245Q (fiber modem).
  • I was advised to disable the wifi in HG8245Q (done but didn’t help)
  • I was advised to change the setting of LAN1 of the HG8245Q modem to bridge instead of route. (when I do that deco stoped working)
Options
4 Reply
Re:deco speed vs device speed
2019-11-29 13:48:14
What device are you using to test the connection speed? How far is it from the nearest deco unit?
Options
2019-12-02 01:58:19

@hazem1223 

What kind of device you used to test the speed? Please click here to get the wireless/wired negotiation speed.

You can connect your computer to the main Deco by wired cable to test the speed also.

Once you changed the ISP modem to bridge mode, you need reconfigure the main Deco M9 with the credentials given by ISP, including the username and password to make it work. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-12-06 10:58:26
Thanks for the reply. would using bridge mode really help? If yes, please guide me into how I can set the main deco9 to deal with ISP router as a bridge. I know the credentials given by ISP but I don't know how to setup the main deco.
Options
2020-07-09 00:39:22

Just got Deco M5. My internet subscription speed is 300Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I pluged the main M5 directly to modem.  However, when I tested with a Note 8 close to the main router, I only get 150/9. Even on a wired PC, I could not get 150/9. I prepared to return the Deco M5 set. 

One thing made me wondering is that if I test Internet speed with the Deco App, I could get 310/16. There must be something throttleing the speed on devices. I found I can set Bandwidth in QoS. So I set my bandwidth manually to 500Bbps down and 25Mbps up. Bingo, I can get 300/15 up now.

So, my conclusion is the QoS plays a load balancing role when testing speed on connected devices. The speed tested on router via QoS => Total Bandwidth is the real speed. There is nothing wrong with my router.

Hope my experience can help other users identify the issue.

Options