Can not reach Deco info screen on Deco App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-29 13:45:03 - last edited 2019-11-29 14:02:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.10

app: Deco V 1.9.13

deco running in mode: access point

From other screenshots on this forum, I have seen that there is an info screen available for each deco device in which you can check the connection mode and the connected clients for that device, Like: 

But on my app I can not reach that screen.

When I tap the internet logo on the start screen I get:

note that normally there is an arrow next to each device and it is missing in my version of the app.
When I tap one of the devices, all I get is:

Any idea what is going on here and why I do not get the info screen as shown at the start of my question.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can not reach Deco info screen on Deco App
2019-12-02 02:42:00

@HafLinger 

The signal source indicates the connection type. From the picture attached, this slave Deco connects to the living room Deco by wireless. 

In general, you can see the connected devices under connected clients page. Like the picture attached below. 

If you cannot see it, please show us a full screenshot. 

Try to update the Deco app to the latest version first. 

Besides, you can back to overview page and go to categories-network devices page; Click one of them and go to the settings page to verify whether you can see the connection type and linked Deco info. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Can not reach Deco info screen on Deco App
2019-12-02 17:45:32
There is some misunderstanding going on here. Screenshot 1 is not from my app, but a screenshot that I found in this forum. I included it to show the kind of information that I would like to see. Screenshots 2 and 3 are from my app. From these screenshots it is very clear that I do not get the information that I am looking for. Also if you look at the top of my question you will see that I am using the latest version of the app So here is my question again: How can I verify the kind of connection that is used by a particular deco? And how do I get hold of the info as shown in screenshot 1.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 845

Replies: 2

Related Articles