Web interface timeout on tp-link devices

Web interface timeout on tp-link devices

28 Reply
Re:Web interface timeout on tp-link devices
2023-11-22 12:34:19

So I've been watching this thread for almost four years, hoping for something to happen. Whenever I get a notification of a reply, I wonder if today is finally the day that we get a helpful response from TP-Link. But no, it never is, it's always yet another person with the exact same issue.

I'm upgrading my broadband to full fibre next week and will be shopping around for a new router modem.

Based on the pathetic lack of support and the complete deafness from TP-Link on this issue, I will NOT be buying any more of their products. If they can't (won't) fix something as simple and trivial as this, then god knows how they would handle anything more substantial.

TP-Link AC1900 - Archer VR900 v3
Options
2023-12-03 05:34:11

@alan2001 I think there was an accidental fix to this issue, that was promptly undone in the next version of the firmware.  In November I upgraded to version 1.2.5 for AX55. A side effect of that was the timeouts disappeared and I didn't have to constantly log back in. Today I made the mistake of upgrading to 1.2.6, which not only brought back the timeouts but it feels like they're even shorter.  I downgraded back to 1.2.5 and the timeouts went away again. Dont know if I'm affected by what 1.2.6 fixes, but ad long as the timeouts are gone I don't care.

Options
2024-02-25 15:03:00

Add me to the LONG list of persons who want no web timeout. I am so isolated that web security is not an issue but repeated logins are very inefficient. This is to the extent that I'll be looking for replacements to TP-link products.

Allow users complete control over what the own or implement easy biometric (fingerprint/ facial) control.

Options
2024-02-25 15:12:13

I just realised I forgot to unsubscribe. As I mentioned earlier, I decided to go with someone else for my new router, so I have dealt with this problem in a different way.

Good luck to all the remaining members of the burgeoning "Web interface timeout on tp-link devices" community, I hope the campaign eventually bears some fruit. wink

TP-Link AC1900 - Archer VR900 v3
Options
2024-02-26 09:33:59

Hello, I'd also like to be able to make the time out take a little bit longer. I find when I am setting it up and switching tabs to check other settings. It logs me out pretty quickly. 

I work in payroll and financial software that contains more sensituive data than we havve here and I think ours are at least 10 minutees and our clients can sign a waiver if they wiish for us to disable it completely.

Thanks!

Options
2024-03-01 17:43:05

@helzayat1 I would also like to be able to adjust the web interface timeoute BECAUSE: Some features take a while to set up. especially if the setup also requires some research.  For example, while setting up a Client VPN, i needed to access the VPN provider's web site to obtain some required information, and while retrieveing some VPN info, my router timed out.  All of the work I had previously done was lost.  Very frustrating.

Options
2024-03-27 14:13:08

@Kevin_Z 

I agree with everyone else. This settings should be part of settings. Every other manufactures has it.

Thanks.

Charlee

Options
2024-04-12 16:33:08

+1. Automatic logout is annoying for a lot of us managing a basic home network. I think TP-Link should not make these decisions on our behalf "to protect our security" is a little condescending, as if we don't know what we are doing. I mean, what does TP-Link care anyway if our security is compromised as long as it was our choice to disable the timeout? In practice, what are the chances of a malicious party gaining physical access to our home networks anyway? The only two people on my home network are my wife and myself, and both of us tinker with the network gear. Thank you but we don't need the session timeout.

Options
Related Articles