Ifttt show no devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ifttt show no devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Ifttt show no devices
2019-12-13 08:18:53

@Kevin_Z 

my web ui is not reachable for some reason

if i go to tplinkwifi.net

although i really am connected

and if i try to reach it directly with the ip adress (192.168.68.1)

i get connection refused

Options
2019-12-13 11:30:15

@josve 

It should be tplinkdeco.net, not tplinkwifi.net. 

With your computer connected to the Deco directly, please click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

Try to ping the gateway of Deco and show us the results; It is 192.168.68.1 by default.

Besides, you can clear the browser cache, change another web browser or device to access it. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-13 11:33:18

@Kevin_Z 

i treid al of the above already... looks like your web ui is just not functioning.

with the android app i can connect to it, and pinging is also not a problem.

Options
2019-12-13 11:59:35 - last edited 2019-12-13 12:00:36

@Kevin_Z 

does this say anything to you?

i searched on the internet for the same problem.

nd read somewhere to try it with :30000 behind the ip seems that the web ui really is not functioning.

maybe it's time to get your engineers to take a look at this?

Options
2019-12-14 07:34:38

@Kevin_Z 

Really???  Only works in router mode? Why????? ?? ??

Wow. That's NOT mentioned anywhere.  I have already sent back a Deco P 9 set because of its piss poor not ready firmware. Now this with an m9 plus

I am done with TP link and their false advertising and claims.

This Chinese stuff always sucks. I should have known better 

Options
2019-12-16 09:49:40

@josve 

Thanks for your requesting. 

I've confirmed again, and the Deco M9 plus V2 does not support web UI yet, that is why you found that you can not get it. While there is a plan to add the new feature on it. 

For the IFTTT issue, you can try to re-enable it and find whether the Deco M9 plus pops up; it should be working properly now. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-17 08:42:15

FYI. This is what my colleague sees who runs his m9 in ROUTER MODE..    

Options
2020-01-07 20:36:10

@realjax I get exactly the same thing with  DECO P9 1.0.2 20190917 71168 in router mode.  No devices bound to my TPLink Id - when I am managing it on my phone under that Id.

This is pretty useless - the DECO works great in extending wifi coverage, but I want to link it to other smart home capabilities and it just doesnt work.

Options
2020-01-08 03:44:20

@nickh 

Hello, thanks for your requesting.

I have confirmed with our engineer that the Deco P9 does not support IFTTT, that is why it cannot be detected under my router box on the IFTTT app.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-08 09:30:06

@Kevin_Z the Deco P9 is included in the compatability list available from the DECO app in the IFTTT friends of deco section.  Is this information incorrect?  

If, as you have said, that the P9 isnt actually supported, then that is a big problem for me (and I presume others who have bought these devices as part of a smart home strategy). 

I am also unable to make dyndns work at tall.  I choose a very random subdomain - ive even tried a GUID and whatever I do it fails to save.  Is this also unsupported on the P9?

Therefore, I will be making it very clear on reviews that whilst I think the core funcitonality is great (wifi coverage) -  the accompanying software is not fit for purpose, and the documentation is terrible.  This makes the devices completely unsuitable for anyone who wants anythig else other than a plug and play router, with no configuration options.

Are you able to share roadmap for introduction of the missing software features?

Kevin_Z wrote

@nickh 

Hello, thanks for your requesting.

I have confirmed with our engineer that the Deco P9 does not support IFTTT, that is why it cannot be detected under my router box on the IFTTT app.

Good day. 

Options