I can’t change password after upgrade firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-04 16:42:08 - last edited 2021-12-27 08:48:36
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20191014 rel.33289

After upgrade letest firmware archer c6 EU V2 .I can't change password . When I click wireless settings its doesn't open 

Md Habibur Rahman
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I can’t change password after upgrade firmware -Solution
2019-12-05 06:26:45 - last edited 2021-12-27 08:48:32

@01746647811 

Try to refresh this web page; then you can clear the browser cache and try to change another web browser to access the web UI. 

Also, you can use another device to do so. 

Still the same, please hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 10s with it powered on and try again. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:I can’t change password after upgrade firmware -Solution
2019-12-05 06:26:45 - last edited 2021-12-27 08:48:32

@01746647811 

Try to refresh this web page; then you can clear the browser cache and try to change another web browser to access the web UI. 

Also, you can use another device to do so. 

Still the same, please hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 10s with it powered on and try again. 

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:I can’t change password after upgrade firmware
2020-07-07 17:46:10 - last edited 2020-07-11 17:35:16

@01746647811 

hey, if you facing any probel after upgrade firmware of your tp link router, than you can follow the following steps to change password of your router. 

well, hope you are able to access router configuration panel ( admin panel ) so first open admin panel. So, you can open your admin panel with router ip address you have to just connect your router with your device and have to open router ip address in internet browser. Well, if you dont know what is your router ip address then you can find by open command port and type ipcongif command to know router ip address. However, you can also check your router ip address in your mobile phone. For this, you have to open mobile settings and then click on networking > then click on wifi then > network you connected > now tab on addvance settings > now you can check your router ip address under gateway. Well, tp link routers common ip address is 192.168.0.1 or https://jiolocalhtml.com so you can open configuration panel with these ip address. Well, Follow the following steps to solve your problem.

• On configuration panel if you are not able to change password of your router then reset your router and after reseting router your routers password will also reset after that you have to reconnect your router with default password. 
  • Now open the configuration panel and login in with default username and password and change the password ( always use strong password ) 

I hope this will very helpful for you if like this please give thumpsup. Thanks 

Options
Re:I can’t change password after upgrade firmware
2020-12-24 09:45:41

@01746647811 sometimes such issues occur due to some software error. Resetting the router to its default state always works for me. I found theis tp-link router reset guide on Google. You can also follow some others, there are various guides available for it. 

Tom Smith
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4129

Replies: 3