deco m5 mdns support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

deco m5 mdns support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
deco m5 mdns support
deco m5 mdns support
2019-12-08 11:17:47
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20190617 Rel. 47476

Many of my devices want to use mDNS (multicast DNS), the one that is at the base of many protocol/products like:  apple bonjour, avahi, zeroconf, ....

They are not able to do it on my Deco M5 managed network (router mode).

As far as I know it the protocol needs a router configured to enable multicast, specifically IGMP V2, but I cannot find a similar option in (extremely poor) Deco M5 app settings.

Anyone has mDNS working in his Deco M5 based local network?

NOTE: Not sure about my hardware version, I red "EU/1.0" on a barcode sticker so I entered "V1".

Options
2 Reply
Re:deco m5 mdns support
2019-12-09 08:05:28 - last edited 2021-12-29 11:39:13

@segaura 

Hi, there is no option to configure mDNS on the APP but Deco could properly deal with mDNS query.

When Apple devices connect to Deco, Airprint/Airdrop/Airplay via Bonjour would work normally with Deco.

Thank you very much

Options
Re:deco m5 mdns support
2020-07-13 17:28:39

Dear @Kevin_Z ,

I can see no update from @segaura... 
I have the same issue and there is no option to set it on client itself. Is there any workaround? Or we need to accept that we can not use anymore those devices? (I have a Philips soundbar and I can not cast anymore)
Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 4827

Replies: 2

Related Articles