Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
140 Reply
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting
2020-10-22 03:10:49

@mda777 

Hi, can I have a screenshot on the device label of your Archer C1200? Is it showing US 2.0? 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-22 15:11:49

@Kevin_Z 

Confirmed the label is US v2.0. 

thanks

Options
2020-10-22 15:14:57

Please can you send me the link too?

Options
2020-10-22 16:44:42

I have the same issue on my C7, the modem was booting every other hour. Today I changed the wifi transmit power to "MIddle" and the modem hasn't reboot in about 6 hours. Maybe this could help while we wait for a permanent fix from TP-Link

Options
2020-10-22 18:08:44
Hi Can you please confirm are you running the latest firmware on the Archer C7? Yes Does this auto-reboot issue occur after you updated the router firmware? I don't know exactly, it's been like that for 4 weeks now Try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again. Did it, the issue persist When and where did you purchase the router? Please confirm all the basic info and we will try to figure it out: April When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? Exactly as you mention May I have your network layout, how is the C7 connected in your network? From my isp to the router trhu cable I have all my devices on wifi with the C7 Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again. None Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the C7 WAN or PPPoE? A Huawei with Dynamic IP How many devices are connected to C7, wired, and wirelessly? About 12 devices Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C7 to restart, such as high loading or real-time calls? None, I use it as I was using it before this issue Is it the original power adapter on the C7? Yes Is the power stable in your house? How about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable? Everything is working well and my modem is conected to a Tripp Lite UPS Battery Backup ALSO FYI: Today I changed the wifi transmit power to "MIddle" and the modem hasn't reboot in about 6 hours.
Options
2020-10-23 02:05:25

@deolsunny533 

Hi, which beta are you looking for? Is your model Archer C1200 and you have auto-reboot issue on it? You may refer to my previous post on #82, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-10-23 02:15:27

@Rafagdl 

Hi, thank you very much for your detailed info. Just to verify, are you updating any system or OS version of the clients connected to the C7 when this issue starts to happen, such as phone OS or Mac OS? 

Please monitor the performance first and kindly let us know if there is still an issue, nice day.

Options
2020-10-23 16:05:08

@Kevin_Z 

are these beta softwares compatible with my product?

firmware version : 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979 (EU)

hardware version : Archer C1200 v2.0

I have the same issue

Options
2020-10-26 01:49:52

@anmolsingh 

Hi, you may try to update to the beta firmware for the C1200EU V2, then monitor the performance, thanks.

Options
2020-10-26 18:28:59

@Kevin_Z

I have TP-Link archer C1200

1.1.3 Build 20180124 rel.52299 (EU)

Archer C1200 v1.0

Rebooting randomly.. tips??

Best Regards

M

Options
Related Articles