T4U v3 constantly disconnecting on 5GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-12 17:31:17 - last edited 2019-12-12 17:43:15
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Bought an Archer T4U v3 recently and constantly experiencing disconnects on 5GHz wifi on Windows 10.

Every 30 mins or shorter, the dongle will disconnect from wifi and I can hear a sound in Windows like the USB device has been removed and reinserted.

My channel width is 80 MHz and I have tried channel 36 and 161. Experienced the same problem when my Asus AC68U router set to Auto so I decided to set fixed channels.

I am using the latest TP-link drivers from the Southeast Asia website. Also, every time I hear the sound like the driver is removed and reinserted, the driver switches back to the default driver in Windows ("TP-Link Wireless Adapter", date somewhen in Oct 2018).

I bought this adapter so it can work with 5GHz wi-fi in my room which my laptop and phone is working fine with.

Windows Wlan report shows the constant disconnects:

I have tried changing USB ports and computers too but the solution persists.

Any reason what is causing this problem? Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:T4U v3 constantly disconnecting on 5GHz
2019-12-13 11:45:08

@stillthewater 

Thanks for your reply, it seems that you have done some basic troubleshooting but still no avail. 

May I know what is the OS version of your Windows 10 computer? 

When you hear the sound, can you see the USB adapter under computer management-device manager-network adapters / other devices page? 

Besides, you can try to install the public driver to test the stability; I will send you privately via direct message. You can check the message under user info page. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-13 13:52:50

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your reply. My OS version is 1909 but I experienced the same problem on 1903 before upgrading too.

As for the adapter under Device Manager, I can't really see if it does not appear when I hear the sound as it disconnects (unplug sound) and reconnects (replug sound) very quickly. But I think I have seen it disappear in the past before when I was checking.

For the public driver, which driver should I install? When I load the Win10x64 folder under Device Manager > Update Driver > Have Disk, it gives me a long list of drivers. It does not appear to have the RTL8812BU driver, which I understand is the Archer T4U v3's chipset.

Technical support also linked me to another "Archer T4U V3_TP-Link driver_1030.22.0202.2018.zip" file. It appears to be the same version as the one downloaded from TP-Link's website. Are there any differences in the driver file?

Could this problem be related to the disance between the router and the adapter? I am not sure but the distance is actually not that great though, just a few steps, less than 100m for sure between the router in the living room and my room.

Thank you and good day.

Options
2020-09-20 03:16:16 - last edited 2020-09-20 04:27:43

@stillthewater try Disable driver signature enforcement Windows 10 then uninstall device then install driver from https://www.tp-link.com/th/support/download/archer-t4u/v3/#Driver the problem is Windows 10 force you all the time to use default driver.

Options
2021-02-02 20:32:23

@raybrown 

raybrown wrote

@stillthewater try Disable driver signature enforcement Windows 10 then uninstall device then install driver from https://www.tp-link.com/th/support/download/archer-t4u/v3/#Driver the problem is Windows 10 force you all the time to use default driver.

The solution quoted above worked for me.

A more detailed description of the solution can be found at https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/153227?replyId=506056

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6091

Replies: 4

Related Articles