Powerline will not enter sleep mode when connected to Hub/Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-02 03:25:52
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA511KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have just purchased TP-511Starter Kit and it works great.
One thing is strange and I would like to know if anybody has the same issue and knows how to solve

Config is:

Powerline downstairs in wall socket connected to Netgear Hub which is connected to SKY box and PS3, works fine but Powerline will not enter sleep mode even when PS3 and SKY box not in use
Same scenario if using Netgear Switch

However, If I unplug the cat5 either at Powerline end or at hub/switch end then the Powerline enters sleep/powersave mod within 5 minutes as per specification

Suggestions please

Many thanks for your time

Regards
Options
8 Reply
Re:Powerline will not enter sleep mode when connected to Hub/Switch
2013-01-02 10:39:16
the first time to know this kind issue. Change a router to test wether the problem still exists.:)
Options
2013-01-02 15:15:24

Herman wrote

the first time to know this kind issue. Change a router to test wether the problem still exists.:)

Hi Herman,

Thanks for your ideas,
I have tried both a Switch and a Hub, both have the same result...the powerline will not enter sleep/energy save mode.
It is like there is network 'chatter' between the Powerline and the switch or hub and this is why it will not sleep

Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance
Options
2013-01-19 01:05:31

Muntski wrote

Hi Herman,

Thanks for your ideas,
I have tried both a Switch and a Hub, both have the same result...the powerline will not enter sleep/energy save mode.
It is like there is network 'chatter' between the Powerline and the switch or hub and this is why it will not sleep

Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance

I've just set up Powerline today and have the same problem - is there a solution to this?
Options
2013-01-19 16:34:25
The TP-LINK website has a firmware to close the sleep mode to solve this problem. Maybe can give a try on update the firmware.
Options
2013-01-20 04:52:36

mynetwork wrote

The TP-LINK website has a firmware to close the sleep mode to solve this problem. Maybe can give a try on update the firmware.

I've looked for firmware but haven't been able to identify it - the utility available for download is older than the one I have installed. I have contacted customer support via the webform.
Thank you for your help.
Options
2013-01-22 17:19:14

willow14820 wrote

I've looked for firmware but haven't been able to identify it - the utility available for download is older than the one I have installed. I have contacted customer support via the webform.
Thank you for your help.

Hi Willow14820,
Please would you let me know what Customer support tell you?
Many thanks
Muntski
Options
2013-01-23 07:38:37

Muntski wrote

Hi Willow14820,
Please would you let me know what Customer support tell you?
Many thanks
Muntski

Hi Muntski - nothing useful, unfortunately. They just asked me to check what the lights were doing, but didn't offer any help, that was a few days ago. Not very impressed to be honest. Hope you have better luck.
Options
2013-03-07 04:35:20
same here
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1006

Replies: 8

Related Articles