Deco P9 - Change IP address range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-24 15:04:03
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Is there any way to change the IP address range to be assigned to clients when in Router mode?

I'm getting a 192.168.68.x DHCP range, but I have some existing equipments with fixed IP at 192.168.1.x range that I want to maintain as they are. So I need P9 to allow me to specify the IP allocation range.

How can I do it?

Thank you!

Options
22 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Change IP address range
2019-12-25 02:10:46

@CarlosGeadas 

Hello, the LAN IP and DHCP server option is not available now, so we cannot change the IP to another subnet. While more new features will be added with firmware upgrading. 

You can keep an eye on official website/Deco app for the updates.

As a workaround, you can change the static IP address assigned to the device, make them be the same IP subnet as the main router. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-27 22:38:14

@CarlosGeadas 

Definitely needing firmware update and features added.

I am wishing I had stayed with my M4 system.

Jason

Options
2019-12-28 04:10:40 - last edited 2019-12-28 04:13:02

@CarlosGeadas 

I have several tp-link products and I think they are shipping with less and less features. Soon, all the visible features we'll get is a on/off switch and status led. The first wifi extender I got stated, for example, the % of signal strength - a percentage. The more modern one that I got later, only said "signal strong/weak/etc". This is worst since, with a number, I can get a more accurate best position/placement indication than a mere "good/excelent" statement.

It's not just the P9, it's with all the products. I really don't get it.

Would it be bad to have a 3 output/configuration level system? A "simple" output for the people how really don't care/don't know and just want to plug and play. A second output level for the people how understand and/or want to have control, where they can choose ip ranges/subnet's, values, see detailed values, etc. And a third level for the "rocket scientists" out there how really want to control the last possible bit of configuration. This is not hard to do, I just don't know if the product managers would like to offer "so much" for the price they charge.

So I guess I'll just wait for the firmware updates and hope I can get one or two of the needed features before the updates only update the v2+ of the hardware.

This shoud be understood as a constructive criticism - in the end, I keep buying tp-link's products, which are good (not as good as advertised), but could easilly be great.

Options
2020-01-02 00:08:30

@CarlosGeadas This is absurd - a router that isn't able to change a local LAN IP. A health warning label should have been placed at the front of the box. I just purchased the P9 and looks like Ive got to ditch tp link all together.

Options
2020-01-02 01:11:41

@JenGardner 

If it had only said, "This is half-baked tech" I certainly would have not bought it.

Options
2020-02-29 03:27:45

@CarlosGeadas I am very disappointed that we cannot change the DHCP lease range. I would have purchased a different model if I knew this was the case. Sigh... I hope they fix it soon.

Options
2020-02-29 03:50:57

@MgaLawin 

I've checked yesterday for new firmware and nothing. This product continues with the 1.0.0 build, from 19/07/2019. I really expected more and better.

Options
2020-03-18 15:01:24 - last edited 2020-03-18 15:09:01

@Kevin_Z That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So now all my devices that connect via wifi and dhcp cannot talk to my other devices using a different static ip address range because not only does the P9 assign a completely different DHCP range to my router, even though I have set a static IP on the P9 device, it's DHCP range is not even configurable!! To suggest assigning static ip addresses to every device in the house is stupid. Please fix this problem asap. This has completely broken my hive installation as Amazon Echo devices can no longer connect to the Hive Hub. You've turned my smart home into a dumb home!

EDIT: And it also means that the printers connected to my server are no longer accessible to any of my kids computers crying 

Options
2020-03-18 15:16:12

@CarlosGeadas 

+1 for getting this sorted ASAP.

Such a basic request.

Wish I could return the product!!

Options
2020-03-19 23:39:52

@CarlosGeadas 

Any word from tp-link on this?  Seems like it has been quite a while and I agree this feature is sorely needed.  I get they are trying to keep things simple, but there are times when this function is needed.

CarlosGeadas wrote

Hi,

Is there any way to change the IP address range to be assigned to clients when in Router mode?

I'm getting a 192.168.68.x DHCP range, but I have some existing equipments with fixed IP at 192.168.1.x range that I want to maintain as they are. So I need P9 to allow me to specify the IP allocation range.

How can I do it?

Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8079

Replies: 22

Related Articles