Problems with Wireless MAC Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-26 21:37:11 - last edited 2019-12-26 22:54:10
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20190115 rel.71848(4555)

Hallo,

I have a poblem with my new router (Archer C6). I am only using it as a wireless access point, so Internet and DHCP functionalities are deactivated. My other routers (also TP-Link Routers) have the feature, by easily selecting "MAC filtering", to allow specific devices to connect to the router (and so deny the access to all stations that are not maintained in the list). Unfortunately, I cannot find this feature in that router. I hope that I am only overseeing it. The normal wireless access works without any issues, but I really want  only specific devices to connect to the router. Google is telling me I should go to "Wireless MAC Filtering" under "Wireless" but this point does not exist in the router menu (see screenshot). Can someone help me please

Greez,

Purplehaze

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with Wireless MAC Filtering
2019-12-27 02:58:33

@Dr.Purplehaze 

Hello, to allow specific devices access internet only, you can use access control to satisfy your needs. 

Below is the instruction. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1535/ 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1012

Replies: 1

Related Articles