how to connect multiples devices hard wired to the M9 - for one device i need a fixed IP adres

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

how to connect multiples devices hard wired to the M9 - for one device i need a fixed IP adres

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-31 10:56:43 - last edited 2020-02-24 11:18:21
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have an old Belkin WIFI router connected to the telenet router which i want to replace with Deco M9 plus mesh router.

But i have a couple of devices eg TV, digibox, fibaro controller etc which are connected wired and i want to keep it like this.
For my Fibaro hub i need a fixed IP adres.

My question is : can the mesh system handle my requirement eg by using a switch connected to one of the satelites or other device/configuration.
If so how can this be realised: software/hardware set up.

Before buying this system i need to be assured i get the functionality to cope with this.

So would appreciate some feedback on this.

Thanks and a happy new year.

Roland Declerck

Nota: current configuartion   Telenet modem  >  Belkin WIFI router wired connection >  

1. to the router following devices are hard wired connected eg  TV / digicorder / fibaro hub  etc
  2. Wifi connection PC, Smartphones > Ipad  etc
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:how to connect multiples devices hard wired to the M9 - for one device i need a fixed IP adres-Solution
2020-01-02 03:02:25 - last edited 2020-02-24 11:18:21

@Rolbol 

Hello, you can replace the old router with the Deco M9 Plus, like what Xinseo said, you can connect a switch to the Deco to offer extra ethernet ports.

You can use the Deco M9 plus as the main router and configure the other old routers as access point to extend the network and avoid double NAT.

Or you can use the old router and set Deco as access point.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:how to connect multiples devices hard wired to the M9 - for one device i need a fixed IP adres
2020-01-01 14:25:47 - last edited 2020-01-01 14:26:49

@Rolbol Should work fine as a star network

You can give static IP to any device using DHCP Address reservation in the app.

I'm using a TP Link SG1008D gigabit switch exactly like shown in the star network above to hard wire my NVIDIA shield, PS4, Desktop PC, NAS. Works perfectly fine.

Options
Re:how to connect multiples devices hard wired to the M9 - for one device i need a fixed IP adres-Solution
2020-01-02 03:02:25 - last edited 2020-02-24 11:18:21

@Rolbol 

Hello, you can replace the old router with the Deco M9 Plus, like what Xinseo said, you can connect a switch to the Deco to offer extra ethernet ports.

You can use the Deco M9 plus as the main router and configure the other old routers as access point to extend the network and avoid double NAT.

Or you can use the old router and set Deco as access point.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:how to connect multiples devices hard wired to the M9 - for one device i need a fixed IP adres
2020-03-14 03:36:43

@Xinseo do the downstream wired devices in the "Star" topology share the same IP range/DHCP service as the wireless clients?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2642

Replies: 3