Joining my Huawei on WiFi not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-03 12:56:44 - last edited 2020-02-14 02:17:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Up until recently my phone connected to my wifi automatically when in range. 

About two weeks ago, that stopped working. 

My phone: Huawei mate 20 lite

My Decos are 3x M4R and 1xE4 (this one added just recently and issue started before the add). 

If I try to join via WPS, it works. But as soon as phone has been outside of range and back again, it will try to connect, but will somehow fail (do not see any error message). 

I have reset my phones network settings. I tried today a reset of whole phone. Still same issue. 

Seems like an old pad does connect fine after being out of range. So I think it is linked to my phone and the Deco's. 

The thing is... It has worked since I got the Deco's in August. Suddenly it stops working. 

A bit sad to have to join by WPS each time I have removed my phone from home 😊

Any good advice what next step would be? 

I thought it might be the phone, after an update... However after trying the factory reset.... I somehow suspect maybe the Decos. 

I also tried disable 2,4ghz and afterwards the 5ghz networks to see if that made difference, but it does not. 

Thankful for any good advice 😊

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Joining my Huawei on WiFi not working-Solution
2020-02-13 18:40:27 - last edited 2020-02-14 02:17:13

Huawei just updated the Android OS on my phone. And now suddenly it all works fine again. Wifi connects automatically again... 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Joining my Huawei on WiFi not working
2020-01-07 06:06:37 - last edited 2020-01-07 06:07:04

@SivCath 

Hello, what about other wireless devices? Do they have the same issue? 

Can you detect the Deco's wifi network on the Huawei mate 20? Have you ever tried to forget the network and reconnect to it with wireless password? 

Please tell us the current network diagram. 

Try to disable fast roaming to give it a go.

Still the same, please connect the main Deco to the modem only with other Deco units unplugged, then you can verify whether it works. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-07 09:43:53
Hi Kevin, thanks for answer! I noticed that my fathers ASUS Phonepad did connect automatically after being "away" for 3 months. So that seemed fine. But I will doublecheck with a few other devices. My Huawei does see both main network (SSID) and guest network. I have tried to forget the networks, and re-add them again. Same results. I also reset both the network on phone and reset it with factory settings, same results. If I am not mistaken, my main Deco is connected to the modem directly (and not as accesspoints only). Not sure I have seen a setting for fast roaming, will try that once I get home this afternoon :-) Thanks for your tips about disabling the other decos as well, will try :-)
Options
Re:Joining my Huawei on WiFi not working-Solution
2020-02-13 18:40:27 - last edited 2020-02-14 02:17:13

Huawei just updated the Android OS on my phone. And now suddenly it all works fine again. Wifi connects automatically again... 

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-14 02:16:46

@SivCath 

Hello, thanks for your updates, glad to hear that it works well.

Now you can enjoy the internet with the Deco mesh network, and be free to contact us if need any further help.

Good day.

Options
2020-02-14 02:17:07

@SivCath 

Hello, thanks for your updates, glad to hear that it works well.

Now you can enjoy the internet with the Deco mesh network, and be free to contact us if need any further help.

Good day.

Options
2020-04-17 10:21:07

@SivCath I've got exactly the same issue as you describe, on a Huawei phone.  Tried all the steps that you have described, but sadly in my case there hasn't been a new update of android to help me out.

What version of android / huawei software are you running on your phone?  Mine is a P Smart 2019 running Emui 10.0.0 showing as Android patch 6 Oct 2019, mainline sw version 292201800, kernel 4.14.116 (hopefyully one of those is a relevant piece of info!)

Very frustrating!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2729

Replies: 6

Related Articles