Deco M9 Plus Speedtest capped at 250-300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-04 18:07:08
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 20190821 Rel.54023

My internet service is 1g down and 60 up, when I test the speed with the app I get close to the advertised speeds.  However, all of my devices (hardwired and wireless) are testing at 250 to 300 down (uploads are fine).

I've tried several suggestions found in the thread: ensuring that I select the same speed test server that the app is using, turning off the Antivirus features, setting devices to high priority in QoS, resetting QoS to standard and removing all high prioirty devices, and setting my DNS server to googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Is there somthing I can do to realize close to 1g download speeds, or is this just a limitation of the M9?   Thank you for the assistance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Speedtest capped at 250-300
2020-01-06 06:01:54

@Enkii 

Hello, thanks for your requesting. 

How many Deco M9 plus do you have and how do you connect them together? 

Please connect your computer to the ISPmodem directly and test the wired speed you can get; and please click here to get the wired negotiation speed. And please show us the screenshots of the actual speed test and the wired link speed page. 

Note: The steps are the same, please click local area connection or ethernet connection.

Connect as PC--main Deco--ISP cable modem only, and go to www.speedtest.net to test the speed and check the wired link speed again on your PC.

Besides, you can swap the location of the Deco units; how to configure slave Deco as main Deco, please refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

May it help and have a good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1271

Replies: 1