Internet connection disconnects automatically while using.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-06 09:25:02 - last edited 2020-01-07 13:15:40
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V12
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160624 Rel.44986n

TP-Link TL-WR841N. Ever since I started using my new laptop - Dell Inspiron 5970, I'm facing this issue; I connect to the wireless network, it works fine for few minutes, after a while it disconnects itself and the wireless network says "No Internet Connection" and none of the other connected devices could access the Internet either. The ultimate solution is to restart the router. As I connect again, the cycle repeats. I tried the cable connection instead of wireless, but the problem persists.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Internet connection disconnects automatically while using.
2020-01-06 20:44:53

@razendra 

I would suggest factory restoring the router after backing up any configuration changes. If that does not resolve the issue, I would contact TP-Link for a warranty replacement if it is under warranty still. Also, check for a driver update or reinstall wireless driver for your Dell laptop along with performing a TCP IP Reset for Windows. A quick way to do that for the reset if you have Windows 10 is to click network reset under settings and restart your PC. Let me know if any of this helps!

Happy New Year!

Options
2020-01-07 01:23:33

@razendra 

Hello, what is the hardware and firmware version of the TL-WR841N? You can find it on the status page. 

What is the model number of the network adapter built-in the Dell PC? Try to update the driver to give it a go.

Besides, you can remove the Dell computer from the TP-Link network and take some time to test the stability of the network connection.

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 10:59:14

@CyberNinja15 

I tried all the mentioned options, the problem persists; however the frequency of the problem is reduced - earlier it was less than 30 minutes, now it lasts more than 45 minutes - yet disconnects automatically.

Options
2020-01-13 11:00:26

@Kevin_Z 

I did try other system in the network, they works fine. This happened in LAN connection as well.

Options
2020-01-13 13:37:50

@razendra 

What a bummer. You may have to proceed with replacing the router through TP-Link warranty. Have you tried a different PC as well to see if the same result happens?

Options
2020-01-13 16:38:24 - last edited 2020-01-20 09:48:39

@razendra I know what you mean :) Because I had a similar thing which was gave me the bad connection when I played online. Since I play a lot, I faced a lot of troubles (which was a big problem, especially for online games) cause of this and later I asked on different forums where can I buy quality wired routers that can work a lot of years. However, they gave me an article about best wired router which I can buy from Amazon and I found five best of it. Anyway, hope

Options
2020-01-23 11:05:46

@CyberNinja15 yeah, I tried with different pc as well as other phones too. It might be the time to say good bye to the old guy.

Options
2020-01-24 01:12:46

@razendra yeah time to say goodbye to the router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1940

Replies: 8

Related Articles