I'm looking at adding Deco P9s to my Sky Router. The easiest way to do this would seem to be to:-
1) Change my existing Sky Router's wifi network name from "Wireless" to "SkyWireless". (Or even just turn off my Sky's wifi network)
2) Add the Decos onto the Sky Router in Access Point mode, with a network name of "Wireless" (& the same password as my old Wireless network).
So all devices around the house should then simply be using the new Deco "Wireless" network?
The question I have is, by using the Decos in Access Point mode what functionality is lost?
1) Will I still be able to see what wifi devices are connected to the Decos and how much data they are currently using? eg: Is a child in their bedroom watching youtube on their ipad? I assume you can't see a history of usage of a device?
2) Be able to limit a device bandwidth wise?
3) Do you retain user profiles with associated devices and being able to see their current usage? I assume you can't see a history?
^ OR do you lose all of this in Access Point mode?
If anyone has any first hand knowledge of using Decos with a SkyRouter that would be useful too?
ps: I have Plex running, and some port forwarding rules (on my Sky router) for a game server I run, hence why Access Point mode seems like a good idea. ie: It should risk upsetting any of that existing stuff!?