Samsung TV losing wifi when streaming Amazon Prime!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-08 21:10:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi,

I purchases a Deco M9 Plus and I set it up 4 days ago.

I notices a weird behavior and, I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to the source of the problem.

Before the Deco M9, I was using a ISP rented router. That router was doing a great job but, I wanted to buy something of my own and, since I live in a 3 floors home, I wanted to try a Mesh router. Since the rented router was able to supply the entire home, with only small pockets of "not perfect but not quite dead" zones, I figured the M9, with 2 units, would be ok.

Anyhow, with the rented router, I had no streaming issues on any of my equipments. We are streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, IP TV and, the usual Youtube and stuff.

We are streaming on multiple platforms: Tablets, phones, an Amazon Firestick on one TV and, directly on the other TV, which is a Samsung.

Since setting up the Deco, everything seems to work fine (as of now) except for one thing: When streaming Amazon Prime on the Samsung TV, said TV loses the wifi signal every 45 minutes to an hour or so. We need to turn off the TV and start it again, for it to "find" the network again.

** It only happens on the Samsung Tv and, only with Amazon Prime**!!!

Watching Netflix on that Tv works fine. Watching Amazon Prime on the other TV, using the Firestick, also works fine.

I read about Samsung TVs sometimes being fussy with wifi but, it never exhibited this behavior when I was using the rented router.

The Deco Satellite is 2 feet from the TV in question. I understand I could probably work around this issue by using an Ethernet cable but, that would be a last option and, as I said, it was working fine with the rented router that was 1 floor up.

Any help would be appreciated. It shouldn't be a "return the product" reason but, it depends on how it affects the rest of the family,

Thanks

Options
13 Reply
Re:Samsung TV losing wifi when streaming Amazon Prime!
2020-01-08 22:08:21

@TheClerk Just on DECO APP, find your Samsung TV and disable Mesh option. Let Samsung working alone. Maybe for some reason your TV change AP during Stream.

I think this solve your issue.

Options
2020-01-09 00:54:43

@leogz  I did disable mesh option and it still does the same. Like I said, only for Amazon Prime and only for that television...

Options
2020-01-09 02:17:03

@TheClerk 

Hello, is it still connected to the Deco's wifi network but no internet access or it disconnects totally? 

If it is still connected, please verify the IP address and gateway and try to ping it from a local device. 

Have you ever setup any advanced feature? Like parental control or QoS? First, you can set QoS to standard and clear all the high priority devices; if still the same, you can setup streaming as application QoS and add this samsung TV into high priority device to give it a go.

Besides, you can disable fast roaming to give it a go. Or update the driver of the adapter built-in the TV.

Please tell me the model number of the TV as well.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-09 03:29:13

@Kevin_Z  TV model is Samsung UN55H6350AFXZC with firmware up to date.

It becomes offline/disconnected totally

I did set QOS with the tv as high priority almost from the get go but, since it was still doing it and, I was seeing people with connection issues being told to remove QOS, I did exactly that, but no change. Fast roaming is also disabled.

I don't expect you to spend much more time troubleshooting this too extensively, as it only affects 1 application on 1 platform. I was mainly wondering if, with your experience, you might have an idea of what is happening. If this the only issue I ever have, I will probably assume the TV is being stubborn and simply try another Firestick. Thanks.

Options
2020-03-09 03:03:21

This is strange. Make sure your internet connection is okay.

https://mobdroinstalargratis.com/

Options
2020-04-16 08:17:58

@TheClerk very good info

Options
2020-05-22 11:30:34 - last edited 2020-05-27 09:24:17

@TheClerk  Thanks for the information! But I think this is normal for amazon. If they give you a good price than you can find such a problem. To be honest I really think that they always do such things. I mean if there are some discounts or you get your prime code they will give you a product which does not meet expectations. Once I had found on the internet this blog amazon.getyourcouponcodes.com about promo codes on the amazon. So I ordered the Electric Treadmill using the promo code. It worked very well from the beginning but with time it started to make some quick stops during the working. Which is very dangerous. But maybe this is not because of them, you know sometimes it happens with the technique.

Options
2020-07-17 14:30:59 - last edited 2020-07-17 14:35:30

@kyledawson 

kyledawson wrote

@TheClerk  Thanks for the information! But I think this is normal for amazon. If they give you a good price than you can find such a problem. To be honest I really think that they always do such things. I mean if there are some discounts or you get your prime code they will give you a product which does not meet expectations. Once I had found on the internet this blog amazon.getyourcouponcodes.com about promo codes on the amazon. So I ordered the Electric Treadmill using the promo code. It worked very well from the beginning but with time it started to make some quick stops during the working. Which is very dangerous. But maybe this is not because of them, you know sometimes it happens with the technique.

Thank you

Options
2020-12-17 02:47:46

@TheClerk Hello, samsung TV will be more suitable when using Mobdro. Mobdro is a free online TV watching application with many channels, to be able to download it please visit at: https://mobdroinstalargratis.net/

Options
2021-07-06 10:34:08

@TheClerk it's happening to me now. Ugh! Any chance you found the problem?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3235

Replies: 13