Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-09 10:33:37 - last edited 2020-01-09 12:04:32
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.9.3

Hello, 

The past few days the Parental controls tab has dissapeared from the Deco Mobile App. I  have uninstalled and re-installed the app on my mobile but still the Parental controls do not appear any more. I have  3 Deco M4 units at home. 

Any idea what is causing this problem? 

Thank you 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls-Solution
2020-01-09 11:45:53 - last edited 2020-01-09 12:04:32

@DecoUser13 you change your deco to AP mode? Parental Controle don't work on AP mode.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls-Solution
2020-01-09 11:45:53 - last edited 2020-01-09 12:04:32

@DecoUser13 you change your deco to AP mode? Parental Controle don't work on AP mode.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco Mobile App on Android Does not Display Parental Controls
2020-01-09 12:05:33
Thank you .. I did this yes a few days back. I will revert the settings when I get back home .
Options
2020-01-10 02:00:46

@DecoUser13 

Hello, per Leoz said, the Deco M4 does not support parental control in access point mode. You can go to Deco app and click more-operation mode to verify it. 

Besides, you can read this article to get the differences between the router mode and access point mode. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-01-29 06:26:49

@DecoUser13 ,

I have precies the same problems. Any idee ?

Options
2020-03-16 20:46:28

@DecoUser13 I have the same problem. And switching back from AP modes will give problems with my TV provider. So why is parental control only available in the router-modus?

Options
2020-03-17 03:02:55

@CoinHunter 

The gateway device handles the traffic transmission. When Deco works as an access point, it can be regarded as a network expansion device, not a gateway/DHCP server anymore, that is why it does not support parental control in AP mode. 

Meanwhile, you can give us a detailed description of the current issue and then we can do some troubleshooting to locate it. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-30 11:52:35 - last edited 2020-03-30 11:53:09

Huh I had something like that happen in the past. You should try contacting the technical support group they might actually be of help to you. But what I also noticed that it depends on the phone and the coverage you have. I had a bad cellphone provider and I often had a lot of glitches on my phone and with my apps. It was very annoying. So I decided to change it. I started looking online for help and advice and I found this really cool company called usave that actually has a lot of different options for you to use and to figure out what works best for you. (You can check them here: https://usave.co.uk/ ) Overall after I changed my provider I did not have problems with my apps anymore. You should try it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3267

Replies: 7

Related Articles