Deco M5 Firmwsre Update v1.4 available 10 Jan 2020

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Firmwsre Update v1.4 available 10 Jan 2020

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
68 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Firmwsre Update v1.4 available 10 Jan 2020
2020-01-12 10:18:59

@Potato55 this doesnt show much. Copy logs from more pages. You should be able to see multiple pages of logs.

Options
2020-01-12 15:54:19

v1.4 disables WAN ping requests by default. We plan to add a toggle for this feature in v1.5.

@mlow,@NavarroOne,@Potato55,  we are actively looking into innetnet connection issue after upgrading to v1.4.

We checked the log sent by Potato55 but there is no issue with this log.

Moreover, could you please help us confirm the information below?

1. What's the led status of all deco units?

2. What's your internet connection type? PPPoE or dynamic IP? Whether you set internet vlan and IPTV?

3.  Have you checked if internet connection from main Deco is normal? It would be helpful if you can unplug other satellite Deco units, connect your computer to the main deco via ethernet cable and Wi-Fi respectively, check the internet connection.

4.  Whether all clients connected to Deco network get extremly low speed? 

5. Please also kindly check your QoS, parental control and antivirus. Try to disable them to see if they help.

To disable QoS, you need to remove high priority for all devices and select standard QoS.

To disable parental control, you need to delete all profile in parental control pane.

I am sorry to say that v1.4 is not allowed to be downgraded to v1.3.X via Web interface.

For others who also have different issues after upgrading to v1.4, you can also describe your problem in as much detail as possible and we will investigate and resolve it as soon as possible.

Options
2020-01-12 19:21:59

@Brook  Just detected the update, that fom time on my Samsung S7 (it takes control of the Deco m5 system) .I receive notice  NEW DECIVE DETECTED : Samsung  S7 joined the Deco network. Also sporadically the same message other family phones.

Options
2020-01-12 20:42:03

@Brook When is 1.5 expected to release? I'd rather skip 1.4 and just go for 1.5 due to a lack of Ping on WAN.

Options
2020-01-12 22:41:13 - last edited 2020-01-13 00:48:19

I've updated my M5 and all works well fortunately (no brick) and good speed.

Though I have a few new bugs. Since 1.4, the web interface fails. On phone I can't even log in ('operation failed' and that's it) and on my computer half the information is gone (network map, cliënts etc. doesn't show any information. Also I have the same problem getting notifications of new devices that aren't new to the network over and over again.

Deco's are in AP mode.
Edit: Reboot worked and web interface works as it should.

P.S. nice addition they finally removed the "Mesh" switch for cable-connected devices. Was a bit odd imo...

Options
2020-01-13 01:26:08

@Brook To answer the questions:

1. What's the led status of all deco units?

green

2. What's your internet connection type? PPPoE or dynamic IP? Whether you set internet vlan and IPTV?

PPPoE, yes with vlan. Setup is described here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp2gbpb_NCg 

3.  Have you checked if internet connection from main Deco is normal? It would be helpful if you can unplug other satellite Deco units, connect your computer to the main deco via ethernet cable and Wi-Fi respectively, check the internet connection.

Yes, same issue. 

4.  Whether all clients connected to Deco network get extremly low speed? 

Yes all connected devices (wifi or LAN) has little or no speed. On other speed test app (not tplink app) upload and download speed is 0 (Note that tplink app's speed test shows fast speed). 

5. Please also kindly check your QoS, parental control and antivirus. Try to disable them to see if they help.

Yes, they are disabled. Infact antivirus was disabled by default, is this part of v.1.4 update?

Please advice when this is going to be fixed, I work from home and relies on internet heavily. 

Options
2020-01-13 02:37:04

@thefunkygibbon @Xinseo 

Hello, per Brook said, the ping on WAN port function has been disabled by default with 1.4.0; there is a plan to add the switch to turn it on/off manually.

While the estimated release time is unsure; and considering the new firmware just came out, it may take times. 

It is suggested to keep an eye on official website/Deco app for updates. 

Besides, the 1.4.0 cannot degrade to 1.3.x or below via the web interface. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 02:39:23

@Derek_76 

Hello, we have a quick test at our lab with Deco M5 1.4.0; the time limits and bed time are available and you can select weekdays and weekend. 

You can try to reboot the Deco system to have a look; if still the same, please show us a screenshot of the parental control-Time controls page of the Deco app. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 02:43:03

@Alister55 @manni 

Thanks for your feedback.

The Deco M5 1.4.0 adds isolation switch for main network and guest network in Access Point mode and has disabled ping on WAN port; You can read the release note to get more information.

@manni  For the latter one, there is a plan to add a switch to turn it on and off with the firmware upgrade, but the estimated release time is still unsure. It is suggested to keep an eye for the updates.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 03:24:39

@DenniSundaY 

Thanks for your updates, glad to hear that you figured it out.

What about the notification of the new devices? Do you still receive the same message? What are the model numbers of your devices? 

Would you please show us a screenshot of the messages-new device detected page? 

Good day. 

Options