Deco M5 lost the internet connection after upgrade to lats version 1.4.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-12 02:45:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20191223 Rel 38921

Hello friends, 

I am having many issues after latest FW upgrade (1.4.0 Build 20191223 Rel 38921 via the Deco App). Everything was fine until I upgraded to this version. Now I lost the internet connection, the wifi signal is still good. Rebooting the main deco will solve it for the next few minutes and then it starts acting up again.

I want to downgrade my firmware to the previous version. TP-Link is offering the FW version to download but I couldn't find instructions on how to manually install older FW..

Hopefully I will find my answer here.

Thanks!

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M5 lost the internet connection after upgrade to lats version 1.4.0
2020-01-13 07:50:17

@Mitna 

Hello, sorry to tell you that the Deco M5 1.4.0 is not allowed to degrade to 1.3.x or below via the web interface directly; But we can do some troubleshooting regarding to the current issue. 

1. How many Deco do you have in total? And how do you connect them to each other? 

2. What is the led status of all Deco units when you lost connection?

3. Are you still connected to the Deco's wifi network but no internet access? At that time, please connect your main Deco to the modem only with slave Decos unplugged and connect your computer to the main Deco directly to verify whether you can access internet.

4. In the same, please connect your computer to the modem, bypass the Deco to test the network connection. 

5. Besides, you can swap the locations of Deco units or switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-14 23:04:29

@Kevin_Z 

I have a similar issue after upgrading to version 1.4.0 Build 20191223 Rel. 38921.

The wifi devices are not disconnecting, but te internet is moving really really slow. 

It has a great lag and packets seem to be lost.

It's not the ISP connection. It all worked fine before the firmware upgrade.

I would really appreciate a procedure to rollback to version 1.3.1 .

If not, I will need to return the product as faulty.

Options
2020-01-15 03:03:41

@Asterixu 

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience caused here; our engineers and RD team are working on it and try to fix it as soon as possible.

Could you please help us to confirm the information below? If we cannot fix it, we can offer you the instruction to degrade it and test the performance.

1. What is the led status of all Deco units when the speed became slow and great lag/packet loss happened?

2. What is the internet connection type? PPPoE, Dynamic IP or Static IP? Have you ever enabled VLAN/IPTV?

3. Are you still connected to the Deco's wifi network but no internet access? At that time, please connect your main Deco to the modem only with slave Decos unplugged and connect your computer to the main Deco directly to verify whether you can access internet.

4. In the same, please connect your computer to the modem, bypass the Deco to test the network connection. 

5. Please disable antivirus, parental control and QoS to give it a go.

For QoS, you can setup application QoS as standard; and clear all the high priority rules.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-15 06:36:53

@Kevin_Z 

Me too, when I update deco I also have this situation. I connected pppoe. and the internet is fine. help me
Options
2020-01-15 15:12:38

@Kevin_Z 

I have the exact same issue as OP, and also happened right after upgrading to 1.4.0. 

1) 2 have 2 deco unit, but I didn't pay attention to the led status. What I can see is that both nodes are connected through my deco app

2) Internet connection type is PPPOE, with a vlan configured for Malaysia - TM Unifi

3) connect to network, yes. Internet is a hit or miss, I normally notice a burst in speed, then it's like my device is being throttle or somehow the mesh network is unsure which node should serve me. 

4) didn't have any computer with lan port so I can't try that. Speed test within the app shows 100mbps down and 50mbps up, which is the speed that I should get

5) all of these are disabled and it is still the same. 

I also did some analysing myself and I notice both of my nodes are using the same channel, along with 2 additional 'unidentified channel'. It could be caused by WiFi congestion or conflict where the WiFi channel is same as the back link that is used among mesh nodes. 

I also disabled and removed one of my mesh node. But that did not help at all. It led me to believe that it could either be done kind of feature that was mistakenly configured and kept throttling and trying to block my devices from network access. 

Lastly, the WiFi behavior is not exclusive to one single device, so device within the same wifi network (I tested with 3 of them) Had the same behavior

Options
2020-01-16 01:49:14

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem after the update. Internet connection on wifi connected devices became slow and unstable. It happened after the firmware update, some of my smarthome devices became unresponsive or lagging. The app prompted me to update the firmware few days already, so i finally did it 2 days ago. Now I am regretting. Did you guys not test the new firmware?. To answer your question:

1. Green

2. PPoE. VLAN/ IPTV enabled

3. Internet acces is slow and unstable on wifi. Maximum speed if directly connected and tested using the Deco app. Maximum speed on wifi devices before the update now cannot even reach half of the speed on speedtest, sometimes dropped. 

4. The wifi from Deco is the problem.

5. Done - same output. 

Please provide solution to this problem or rollback to previous firmware. It is annoying to wait 1 minute for videos to start streaming when it was streaming instataneously previously.  Thank you. 

Options
2020-01-16 09:32:21

@Kevin_Z i m also facing the same issue , plz help me to fix this firmware and how to downgrade to previous firmware , its very annoying have to restart it frequently in order to access the internet.

thanks

Options
2020-01-17 02:39:08

Hello @deepanshu @ritchjj @Mr.Hieu @ckh00362 ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here; Our engineers and RD team are working on this in the past few days. 

And we have released a beta firmware for you here to solve the problems. Download link attached below:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200116/M5_v1.4.2_Fix issues of firmware 1.4.0.zip

Please read this article to get more details. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-06-09 07:19:53

@Kevin_Z  hi. I am having connectivity issues

1.4.4 build 20200221 rel. 65392 

I am using deco m5 

Signals are getting disconnected and when trying to reconnect it says wrong password. Even if we did not change the password. Even if i am right beside the main deco unit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2880

Replies: 9

Related Articles