RE450 - possible to have multiple wired ethernet devices connected via switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-12 11:43:28
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying this unit, but have a question on the ethernet wireless adapter function.

I'm looking to use this unit to connect four wired ethernet devices (via a switch) to the wireless network being extended.

So, the connection would look like:

Wireless_Router <-Wifi-> RE450 <-Ethernet_Cable-> Switch <-Ethernet_Cable-> Device 1

<-Ethernet_Cable-> Device 2, etc

Is this possible? Is the RE450 limited to one physical wired ethernet client, or can a switch be used to connect multiple wired ethernet clients to the RE450 and have all available on the wireless network/access the internet?

Cheers.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE450 - possible to have multiple wired ethernet devices connected via switch?
2020-01-14 11:44:10

@Sushiboy 

Hello, you can use the RE450 to boost wifi signal and connect multiple wired devices to it with a switch.

While the number of the connected devices is limited, up to 16 devices can connect to it; while I have to say, with more devices connected, the performance of the clients will be worse.

Considering there will be 4 wired devices connected, it should be fine theoretically.

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1498

Replies: 1