Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
234 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-10-27 14:11:14

@Kevin_Z will we ever get a firmware update with the solution to this problem? Its been more than 2 years, people are complaining on this thread.

I have contacted tp link support many times now and they keep changing the settings and ask me to monitor the behaviour.

Very frequently the internet keeps disconnecting (specially on 2.4GHz band). Its frustrating.

Please provide a fix.

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-12-06 17:43:47
I am also facing same. Any solution for this issue?
Options
2021-12-06 17:45:10
The firmware is up-to-date and still there is no fix
Options
2021-12-07 11:16:34

@Girithar 

If modifying the wireless settings on the router doesn't help much, please try to update the firmware we provided in the following thread, then disable the Onemesh feature on the router to monitor the connectivity and stability:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Options
2021-12-07 11:54:58

@Kevin_Z 

My firmware version : 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)
Hardware version :Archer C6 v2.0

i can see the version is already up-to-date : https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/download/archer-a6/v2/#Firmware

Options
2021-12-09 07:11:48

@Girithar 

In the thread above we provided a newer beta firmware, which allows you to disable Onemesh, you can check if that works for you.

Options
2022-01-04 20:25:19

Hi @Kevin_Z 

I purchased 3 router TP LINK Archer C6(US) version, all have issue of dropping wifi connection no matter what you do. I have tried below thing but nothing has fixed the issue:- 

1) Tried selecting Wifi Channel setting manually.

2) Tried disabling smart connect

3) Tried setting system parameters for WAN port 100MBPS Full Duplex

4) Tried to use it as Access Point

with all above setting it was just losing connection frequently. I am planing to get-in touch with service center now and see if they can fix the problem.

My suggestion either you guys replaced our routers with some other similar model or at-least fix the bug via software update.

Happy New Year!!!

--

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar A

Options
2022-01-05 02:35:15

@Sagar_A 

Hello, do you mean all the three Archer C6(US) have the same issue of dropping the wifi connection? Can you please confirm if it is also 2.4G network, or 5G connection? Have you run a Wi-Fi analyzer to review the wireless signals besides yours? Try choosing a clear wireless channel as the 2.4G may have a lot of interference in your network.

Options
2022-01-11 20:57:45 - last edited 2022-01-11 21:14:43

@meryfd hello I read that OpenWRT has problems with Qualcom Atheros QCA9886 ( EU version )chip which is resposible for 5 GHz WiFi in Archer C6 v2. Do You have any problems with that? Which version are You using currently? I was thinking about that OpenWRT but I see some complains on youtube and few forums about that.

Options
2022-03-20 04:34:59

@Kevin_Z 

This one still not fixed the 4G WIFI ISSUE on this device ARCHER C6!! 

Options