Archer AX11000 Cascading Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 23:29:02
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just recently I purchased Archer AX11000 router to replace my existing Linksys router. Archer AX11000 is setup and working without any problem.

In my previous configuration, I had a cascaded router so I tried doing the same but it isn't working now.

Following is the configuration:

Archer AX11000 (primary router)

- Ethernet cable from the Modem is connected to the 2.5 Giga WAN port

- Another Ethernet cable from LAN 1 connected to the LAN 1 of the Linksys Router EA9300 (secondary router)

- Internal IP address to access router configuration - 192.168.1.1

- IP range for the connected devices - 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.200

Linksys EA9300 (secondary router)

- Ethernet cable from AX11000 (step 2 above) LAN 1 is connected to LAN 1 of the Linksys router

- Another Ethernet cable from LAN 2 is connected to the PC

- Internal IP address to access router configuration - 192.168.1.150

- DHCP disabled

Apparently all setup seems accurate but still, my PC connected to the secondary router is unable to access the internet. This is the same configuration that worked in the past when both primary and secondary routers were Linksys. But, since I changed the Primary Router to Archer AX11000 and Linksys router (previously primary) now as the secondary router, the setup isn't working.

I'll appreciate any insight and help anyone can provide.

Thank you.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 Cascading Problem
2020-01-14 08:05:31

@Adnan_Malik 

Thanks for your requesting, from the configuration steps you mentioned, it should be fine, while cause it does not work, we will do further analysis. 

1. With PC connected to the LAN 2 port of Linksys router, please click here to get the IP address and gateway obtained by it. 

2. Connect your PC to the AX11000 by ethernet cable directly and verify whether you can get internet. 

3. Try to contact the tech support of Linksys to confirm the setup guidance. You can reset it and reconfigure to give it a go.

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-15 04:19:38

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the reply.

I tried all steps and here are the results:

1. IP address of the PC is 169.254.39.xxx
Subnet mast - 255.255.0.0

When I tried pinging primary, secondary router or 8.8.8.8, I get the following error:
PING: transmit failed. General failure

2. When PC connected via the Ethernet cable straight from the primary router, internet works on the PC.

3. I reset several times and setup again but to no avail.

What could be the issue?

Thank you much.

Options
2020-01-15 07:12:56

@Adnan_Malik 

Hello, thanks for your valued reply.

The IP address obtained with PC connected to the secondary router is an invalid IP, that is why you cannot access internet. 

It may have something wrong; you can unplug the device and plug it back; and you can try to disable the network adapter on the PC and re-enable it. 

Besides, you can change another device to test the network connection; or you can hard reset the secondary router and reconfigure it as an access point. 

If the methods mentioned above do not work, it is suggested to contact the tech support of the secondary router to get some help.

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-18 02:49:59

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for the reply.

I've been trying to make this work with all possible options. 

Today I got in touch with Linksys customer support and after couple of diagnostics we realized that the Internet (WAN) port is not working. This might be the reason for all this. But LAN ports should be working and for cascading we just need LAN ports.

I wonder why cascading isn't working even if WAN is broken on the secondary router. 

Can this be setup as Wi_Fi access point?

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Options
2020-01-19 07:24:01

@Adnan_Malik 

Thanks for your valued reply, as far as I know, the broken WAN port won't affect the performance of the router in AP mode, but not sure the working mechanism of Linksys router. 

You can change another LAN port to connect to the Archer AAX11000 and verify whether it works well.

Still the same, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do. 

Wish your kindly understanding.

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-07 22:57:44

@Adnan_Malik 

I have faced the same issues and I am definitively not a beginner,  this router is turming me nuts, I have reset it 3 times, hard reset once, still I can connec tto any extender  but they all say no internet.  I conncted all direct  (No extender minus a tplinkRE650 in th bedroom)  now things work, but I have a very large house and this is an issue.

I am ready to throw this router out the window, I also have a brand new Netgear X6S 4000 and ahs a better range, and no issues, also tried my Asus 86U and same no issues but netgear has better coverage and faster.  Then tried to use an older Asus Ac66R as a repeater and same issue no internet even if the router and the repeater sees the router. tried the same with the Ac86U and same issue, tried as well with 2 older ea66R and same as you. Then tried a Netger VN2000 and same issue.  But kind of worrrks with the 700 netgear extender, I am not sure what is the situation with htis horrible rock.  Cant even connect the HUB form logitech, tried with all 3 channels open, then tried with smart connect.

Not sure if mine as a problem or???

I am attaching photos of my nightmare office due to this router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2573

Replies: 6