How can I manually change default deco network map?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-14 01:37:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Hello,

I have set up the 3 decos M5 in router mode. Problem is that there were no improvements in terms of speed. I have a 3 story house with the main deco on the first floor, at the same place my router was, and the other two on the second and third floors.

The "optimized" mapping is sub-par as it links both decos to my main deco instead of having my third floor deco linked to the second floor deco.

Current network mapping:

Instead, I want it as advertised here:

How can I achieve this?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I manually change default deco network map?
2020-01-14 06:32:40 - last edited 2020-01-14 06:34:02

@mrboxxy your desired configuration as on picture supposes using of another router with all three decos in AP mode as I understand. If you want to use your Decos in Router mode, then for your purpose AS FOR ME it is better to use  a switch and connect all your decos by ethernet. At least I did so at my home :). Then both your additional Decos will get traffic from the main one on maximum speed. If you use WiFi connection between Decos, there are no ways to say how and from which Deco they should get the traffic - they will choose somehow, maybe and the most likely by signal strength....

Options
Re:How can I manually change default deco network map?
2020-01-22 02:10:03

@mrboxxy 

Hello, there is no option to force the front-end device yet; while it seems that the signal strength got from the main Deco does not reach the threshold value, that is why it does not trigger the AP/Band steering, and the third Deco connects to the main Deco, not the second one. 

First, you can move them further away between each other, and you can disable the main Deco and ensure that the third Deco connects to the second one, and then you can turn on the main Deco. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9735

Replies: 2

Related Articles