How to connect Philips Hue to my Deco m9 ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-15 21:30:31 - last edited 2020-01-16 00:22:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello,

I would like to test the Hue feature that comes built-in the Deco M9 Plus kit I have.
For that I connected my Hue bridge to one of my Deco with an ethernet cable. Not sure if I had to do that, it was already wired on my switch connected to my Deco, but as it is documented ...

Then I follow the guide: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1778/

I pressed on the button on my Hue bridge, then in the app I added Hue. But it is looking for a second then telling me that no Hue is found :(

I tried several times, no success.

Is there any updated procedure? Is it still a feature, maybe it is broken !

Thanks

Guillaume

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to connect Philips Hue to my Deco m9 ?
2020-01-16 02:06:08

@GuiPoM 

Hello, connect a computer to the Deco via ethernet cable to rule out whether this LAN port is faulty. 

Then you can plug the Hue bridge back to the Ethernet port of Deco using an Ethernet cable and verify whether it works;

If still the same, try to reboot the Hue bridge and Deco; or you can change another ethernet ports and cables. 

May it help. 

Options
Re:How to connect Philips Hue to my Deco m9 ?
2020-01-16 06:50:33

Hello @Kevin_Z ,

The Ethernet is obviously working because my Hue bridge is accessible and working. I can switch my light on and off from my smartphone and the only way the hub has to communicate is via Ethernet.

So there is no faulty port. 

What I have no tried yet is to switch the two ports, because I use both: one for my switch (not the Nintendo one ^^), the other for the Hue bridge.

Thanks

Guillaume

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1962

Replies: 2

Related Articles