tplink archer ax50 cant connect to nbn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-16 01:49:11
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I upgraded my router to a tplink archer ax 3000. When i plug the ethernet cable into the nbn modem from the router it will not connect to the internet. My ISP is TPG and i have set up the pppoe username and password in the tplinkwifi.net but it still cannot connect. when i plug my old netcomm wireless router into the nbn modem the internet is working fine. Im not sure if i need to change some other settings in tplinkwifi.net. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Options
2 Reply
Re:tplink archer ax50 cant connect to nbn
2020-01-16 02:48:13

@josh1986 

Hello, have you ever enabled IPTV function and enter VLAN ID on the old router to make it work? If so, please do the same on the Archer AX50.

And you can contact the ISP to verify whether there is any Mac filtering or Mac binding feature enabled at their end; otherwise only one device can get internet from the NBN box. 

Besides, you can hard reset the Archer AX50 and connect PC--Archer AX50--NBN box, and then try to setup the PPPoE connection on computer itself; if it does not work, contact ISP to confirm the configuration parameters, any VLAN ID needed?

If it works well, login to the web UI of Archer AX50 to clone the MAC address and reconfigure it. 

May it help. 

Options
Re:tplink archer ax50 cant connect to nbn
2020-06-06 04:19:43

@Kevin_Z   Hi Kevin

i am having the same issue. Has done all suggested no luck. 

contacted ISP and their tech support has done all checks. Nothing found but I still can not connect it NBN box. 

it works fine if used as a separate access point. But stops working when connected to NBN box as the primary rounter. 

yes. I hv checked and it is in router mode when being used in that capacity. 

plz advise if there is anything else I could do. 

regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2520

Replies: 2

Related Articles