[Solved] Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Solved] Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
96 Reply
Re:【Problem Solved】Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5
2020-04-13 04:38:22

@PieroSimonassi Did you test each Deco unit individually?

I had a problem where the radio was not working correctly in one of my Decos and it caused a similar issue to you.

Basically unplpug each Deco and make sure you can get a solid signal to 1 Deco at a time.

Options
Re:【Problem Solved】Fixed the issues after upgrading to firmware 1.4.0 of Deco M5
2020-04-13 15:34:33

@coolspot18 

Yes, I did this test and at first they are all working.
Options
2020-04-13 19:33:09

@PieroSimonassi I have 3 M5s and 1 E4R.

My download speed had dropped to < 1 MBPS following the upgrade to 1.4 and after wasting most of the day rebuilding the network, individually installing upgrades and beta firmware on the devices. I am now getting ~ 5 MBPS with an upload of 20 MBPS. I too found that there seemed to be a conflict with the additional device, so removed the E4R from the setup to get the above.

Current setup is 1.4 beta installed on 3 M5s; done individually. I have turned off beamforming but left both 5G and 2.4G on. I did notice that the radio channel clashes with my sky box but there is no way around that.

This is pretty crappy as I was getting ~ 75 MBPS download before.

I have logged a call and will post if anything resolves this.

Options
2020-04-14 00:05:02
I gave up, earlier today as soon as I woke up the entire wifi network was locked. I removed all deco units, created a new network with a single Deco unit and was working during the day connected with a single equipment and at the end of the day the same problem happened. In other words, the business is really bad. They did something stupid in this last update. I returned my archer c9 v1 for over 6 years and "voila" no problem. I put the deco in the box and threw it in the trash! Detail, I have an open call as TPlink support, today they answered asking for the serial number and region, as they will send a different firmware. Now I ask you, if you know that there is a problem and have a different firmware prepared, why simply do not provide it. Or is it old firmware rescheduled ?!
Options
2020-04-16 21:12:56

@Kevin_Z 

I have had replies from TPLInk by email. But they all seemed to be focussed on the main deco which is wired into my router, not the mesh itself.

The response I got was 

"

If what your getting directly to main router is 74.6mbps with speedtest and from Deco is around 70mbps as well through wired and wireless, the results are normal from Deco. You are getting what you should be getting from Deco. Seems like there is no slow speed or speed dropouts issue here.

"

What they failed to understand is that I am only get around 5 MBPS from the slave Decos when I had been getting around 70 MBPS before. Makes me think that the support guys don't actually understand the purpose of the product.

Options
2020-05-14 16:38:56

I had the same results with 1.4.4 , my internet would be fine till the next morning when it dropped from 500's mbps to 2 mbps. donwgraded to 1.4.2  just now, fingers crossed to help on this issue.

Suck because I didn't have this issue before.

Options
2020-05-14 17:06:06

@Gabesir Yeah, seems like a ton of people have had issues with this firmware upgrade, and not a peep from tp-link about possible fixes. I definitely regret going with them as an option.

Options
2020-05-14 19:27:51

@onemoar I can't speak for everyone else, but I sure did submit everything I could to support to provide as much assistance as possible. And when they were unable to help, THEN I turned to the forums.

Also, when you have dozens of people who had no problems, installed a firmware "upgrade" then immediately began suffering from issues they did not have before the upgrade, seems like a pretty direct line of cause and effect. Especially when you take into account downgrading the firmware solved the majority of the people's problems. 

But I'm certainly open to any other solution that actually fixes the problem.

Options
2020-05-15 11:30:47

@Kevin_Z 

i am facing issues with 5ghz connection,i hve turned off 2.4ghz from my main network and set guest network to 2.4ghz only , so the issue is whenever i try to download large file around 20gbs ,then my wifi connnection suddenly disappears from all the device but the guest network which is on 2.4 ghz still works and my firmware is up to date.but i think this firmware1.4.4 is not up to the mark as far as performance is concerned and i am facing more frequent network drops then before.i've tried beta firmware 1.4.2 still i faced the same issue.

plz provide your assistance at the earliest.

thanks

Options
2020-05-17 16:28:19 - last edited 2020-05-18 17:55:02

@Kevin_Z 

I keep having to reboot the M5 daily to get internet again, the internet speed drops to 3-4 mbps from my 500+ mbps.

someone here ( @onemoar ) mentioned that we didnt supply much information and and most likely to be a user error. This is not the case, the M5 have been working flawless for me till this upgrade to 1.4.4.

I have 3 M5 v2.1 set to router mode.

The main Office deco is connected to my modem and the other ethernet from the deco is going into a switch where I split to my Main PC, NAS, Pihole dns is set static on some devices not on the router level. I have 3 decos, one on each floor of my home, the led is green and all of them and they all updated to 1.4.4 .

All of my connected devices, wire or wireless are experiening the same issue, the internet drops to crap within a day or two and only remedy is to reset the deco.

I did a full factory reset to the deco and the issue persists. ( DID NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH THE PRIOR FIRMWARE).

Removing the Deco's out of my network till this issue is resolved, I really liked the Deco but this is not working out.

One thing I notice when I opened the webUI is the memory usage , before with would be somewhere in the 40% and not after the 1.4.4 update sits or goes higher than 70% CPU load is high too...

here some of the logs :

Attached are some logs from the M5.

Hopefully this is plenty of information @onemoar .

File:
Deco M5 error logs.7zDownload
Options