Enabling DoS Protection and Internet stopped working only Google Services work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-16 13:18:19
Model: TL-WR941HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: TL-WR941HP(UN)_V2_171225

I am trying to enable DoS Protection on my Home Internet router. As soon as i make it to high the Internet on my laptop stops working and on every other devices it seems to work fine as normal. The only thing that works on Laptop is Google Services limited to Google Search , GMAIL and youtube and all other Websites / Applications does not work at all. What settings should be updated to take advantages of this function ? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Enabling DoS Protection and Internet stopped working only Google Services work
2020-01-17 07:11:00

@TandelK 

Hello, DoS Protection can protect your home network against DoS attacks from flooding your network with server requests. While it is aimed to avoid external attacks. Theoretically, it won't affect the internal network activities. 

May I know does it work well with DOS protection disabled? Or you can try to change the filter level to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Enabling DoS Protection and Internet stopped working only Google Services work
2020-01-17 10:56:51

@Kevin_Z  Yes as soon as i enable DoS Protection to Enable and make each and every Filter to High my Laptop Internet stops working. 

Options
2020-07-27 07:46:43
I have the same problem
Options
2021-10-28 18:21:48

@Vignesh I had the same problem in one of my routers. Clearly they offering something doesn't work. 

It's like selling a car that you can't drive?! Tf who does that?

I wouldn't like y'all I purchased to link coz it cheap but cheap didn't turned out well, if I had budget, I'd go for assus ax11000

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2181

Replies: 4

Related Articles