client WPS setup for RE305 (AC1200)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-18 00:13:25
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20181026 Rel. 42054

I have a Yamaha n1x piano to connect to the wifi LAN.  It only supports WPS connection.  It is too heavy to move and fails to connect to the router at the other end of the house.

I have a RE305 extender working nearby (supporting computers via a switch) but can find no way to get the device to connect to it.

The piano UL is crude and cannot support any other access setup method.

Can this extender be persuaded to support this, or can another extender provide this.

If I bought a mesh system, would that work?

PS   The AC1200 is not on the drop down list

Options
3 Reply
Re:client WPS setup for RE305 (AC1200)
2020-01-19 08:19:20

@stuartmacg 

Hello, the model number is RE305, and it is available in the model list. 

Back to your case, in repeater mode, the RE305 can act as the slave unit only, that is to say, it can connect to other wifi by WPS, but clients like cellphone cannot connect to it by WPS. 

You can move the router closer to the piano and use the WPS button to connect it to the wifi; then you can move the router back to where it is at the first beginning and setup same SSID and password for RE305 and verify whether the piano connects to the RE305. 

Otherwise, you can order powerline adapters with wifi function, which you can connect your piano to it by WPS; Like the TL-WPA7510KIT, TL-WPA8630kit.

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-19 13:37:42

@stuartmacg 

Thanks for the reply.

The router is part of a cable modem (VM Hub 3) which is tied to the cable input and cannot be moved.

I will look into using a power line connection - though I understand they can have trouble if the sockets are on different circuits?

The main thing I wanted to check is that there was no way to use the 305.

Someone else suggested installing a pair of Deco M4 units, which I can get from Amazon for £75 (putting the current router into modem mode).

I could just change to the latest tech and put in a couple of Deco M9 plus units (£199) and be future proof, for a while.

PS.  The pull down list on my browser only offered AC numbers for model number - I thought it strange - presumable a browser compatibility bug (using firefox on linux).

Options
2020-01-20 06:30:49

@stuartmacg 

Hello, thanks for your valued reply.  It is suggested to use powerline adapters under the same circuit to avoid the powerline interference. 

Or per you said, you can use the Deco M4 or Deco M9 plus to create a mesh network to boost the wifi, and they can be connected via WPS. 

Besides, I did a test at our end with firefox on linux, the Deco series or other products are selectable. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 975

Replies: 3