Disable wan error page?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disable wan error page?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disable wan error page?
Disable wan error page?
2020-01-18 12:20:02
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. 

When my WAN connection drops, devices no longer seem to connect to the network properly, and all traffic is redirected to a wan error page.

Is it possible to disable this? 

TIA! 

Options
12 Reply
Re:Disable wan error page?
2020-01-19 06:56:39

@ch0c0 

Hello Tia, what is the WAN error message? Could you please show us a screenshot of the WAN error page? 

As for the WAN connection dropping issue, we will do further analysis to locate it and try to fix it.

1. What is the led status of the Archer C7 when it stops working?

2. Try to login to the web UI of Archer C7 at the same time and show us a full screenshot of the status page.

3. With computer connected to the modem directly, bypass the Archer C7, can it get internet?

4. Please ensure that the firmware is the latest one.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-20 12:19:36 - last edited 2020-01-20 12:21:40

@Kevin_Z 

I know why the WAN drops - its a carrier problem so not relevant.

The issue is when a mobile device is on the wifi and the internet goes down. I have part of my home automation platform reboot the NTU, so it comes back up after a minute or so, but until then no devices are able to use WifI, even locally, as all requests get directed to the WAN ERROR page.

The URL is http://<IP>/webpages/wan_error.html

Android devices seem to think its a captive portal, and try and sign in.

Options
2020-04-22 20:34:00

@ch0c0 Can you answer the original posters question? your form response conveys you didn't understand his issue -- he's not asking you to fix his internet connection, he's asking how to disable your router from redirecting to its own error page rather than simply failing the connection in case of isp failure. Please forward the question to an engineer. 

Options
2021-01-18 00:03:20

@Kevin_Z Up. This is still bugging me out.

Options
2021-01-18 09:30:16

@fix_me 

Hi, sorry for my previous misunderstanding, and thank you very much for the explanation. We use this error or redirect to remind you to check and fix the internet connection issue just in case you are not sure what is going on when the phone cannot connect to the internet. The internet sometimes goes down only for the wireless devices but not always with the WAN internet connection, we use this error to distinguish that, and we think that is more clear to locate the internet issue on some feedback.

Options
2021-01-18 10:03:47

@Kevin_Z Yes, we got that, but there should be a way to disable that. It interferes with browser applications' behaviour when we want them to do something else if the page becomes unavailable.

Options
2021-01-18 10:30:07

@Leozaur 

This became such an issue for me that I had to bin my tp link router and replace it with another vendor

Options
2021-02-08 19:17:35
I need a solution to this too
Options
2021-04-14 14:12:16

@ch0c0  Meee Tooo!!! I need a solution to this crappy functionality...  We need to disable if we need it... 

Options
2021-04-16 05:34:40

@joajoajoa 

What's the model number of your TP-Link router? This WAN connection error or redirect cannot be disabled currently, it only occurs when there is no internet on the router WAN side, this is reminding you to check and fix the internet connection issue just in case you are not sure what is going on when the devices connected to the router wireless network but failed to access the internet. The internet sometimes goes down only for the wireless devices but not always with the WAN internet connection, we use this error to distinguish that, and we think that is more clear to locate the internet issue on some feedback. While we have already reported this to the development team, they will evaluate how to improve it.

Options