Powerline stopped working after a year or so

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-20 21:42:26
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.3 Build 20171011 Rel.42507

Hi,

I have a WPA4220 that has been in the workshop at the bottom of the garden for over a year providing WiFi to the bottom of the garden. About a week ago the powerline stopped connecting back to a TL-4010P in the house next to the router (and the 2 other powerline adaptors in the house... all in the house functioning as ever). 

The workshop has its own little consumer board/fuse box for lights and sockets. It is armoured cable pinned to the fence that connects workshop to house, guess about 25-30 meters in length.

If I bring the WPA4220 back into the house I can plug it in (some sockets) and get an OOPKA 40+Mbs speed test consistently. While it was indoors I checked FW upgrades and it reported all up to date.

I can think of nothing that has changed that could account for stopping working.... other than cold and damp outside cables in this horible weather (that I had last year as well).

So I was hoping there might have been some advice of things I might be able to check or do to get operational again.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 0

Related Articles