How does port-forwarding work ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-24 10:15:18
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi !

I am trying to set up port-forwarding on my router for my Minecraft server, among other games. However, I'm having difficulties with how the system works on the http://tplinkwifi.net webpage. I set a static IP. What I managed to do thus far is to set up the Virtual Server in the the NAT Forwarding tab with the following details:

Service Type: Minecraft etc.
External Port: 25565
Internal IP: my static IP Address (the IPv4 address that a CMD ipconfig/all shows me after making the static IP address)
Internal Port: 25565
Protocol: TCP

It didn't work cause I still experienced lagspikes on the server, having to hit blocks inside the game twice to destroy them.

Then, I went to the Port Triggering sub-tab and added:

Application: Minecraft etc.
Triggering Port: 25565
Triggering Protocol: TCP
External Protocol: TCP
And Enabled the entry

Yet again, it didn't work. It is still laggspikey.

I disabled the DHCP Server option, but still to no good.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is there any other detail I didn't look over ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:How does port-forwarding work ??
2020-01-26 14:48:53 - last edited 2020-01-26 14:52:48

@Centurionn98 In port forwarding, your router to which your computer or any other system is connected is connected to your modem/main router. You can do bridge mode if your ISP permit so you don't have to do port forwarding else in port forwarding, there are 2 steps only.

First, you port forward from your modem/main router. There you have to specify the external port and internal port, plus the ip address of the second router in the domain of main router. For example, your modem/main router has 192.168.0.1 and second router get 192.168.0.10 from DHCP or static config., then set that ip there with external and internal port. In second step, you do port forwarding on second router with that domain ip space, for example the second router has ip of 192.168.1.1 and the the connected computer/device has ip of 192.168.1.100, then you need to put that ip address alongwith external and internal port number. I don't think, you need port triggering. Then reboot both routers as some router apply these setting only after reboot.

If that doesn't work, you need to check if any of the router or other device is also using the same port number or not and if firewall has allowed that application and port or not.

Options
2020-01-26 15:49:31

@Centurionn98 In Port Forwarding we assign a port with the IP at which we want to do port forwarding and if anything comes at that port, the traffic gets directed at the IP we have provided

Centurionn98 wrote

Hi !

I am trying to set up port-forwarding on my router for my Minecraft server, among other games. However, I'm having difficulties with how the system works on the http://tplinkwifi.net webpage. I set a static IP. What I managed to do thus far is to set up the Virtual Server in the the NAT Forwarding tab with the following details:

Service Type: Minecraft etc.
Internal IP: my static IP Address (the IPv4 address that a CMD ipconfig/all shows me after making the static IP address)
Internal Port: 25565
Protocol: TCP

It didn't work cause I still experienced lagspikes on the server, having to hit blocks inside the game twice to destroy them.

Then, I went to the Port Triggering sub-tab and added:

Application: Minecraft etc.
Triggering Port: 25565
Triggering Protocol: TCP
External Protocol: TCP
And Enabled the entry

Yet again, it didn't work. It is still laggspikey.

I disabled the DHCP Server option, but still to no good.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is there any other detail I didn't look over ?

Options
2020-11-26 12:14:32

@NitinKumar I am also having the same trouble but I can't even get into my own server! (I put the IP box in the add server as my static IP) Could you explain what you said step-by-step in unskilled 14 year old talk?

@Centurionn98 How did you get into your server? I am trying to do Forge 1.12.2 with mods and I need help! How did you make your server public? (If the person has the IP) I will leave a country soon and I want to do up a Forge 1.12.2 server and forward it so I can play with my friends I left behind when I leave! You are the only one I know that can help me, because I also have an Archer C60 V2.1.

Please help me!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1976

Replies: 3

Related Articles