Deco P9 compatibility with router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-27 21:50:55
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Folks,

I live in a rural area and currently connect to the internet with a Huawie B525s-23a 4g router.  The house has poor connectivity (brick walls & distances) so I would like to extend what I have and make it a mesh system.

I cant seem to find out of the P9 would be compatiable? If not would the MR600 do the job?

Ideally I can run a cat cable between the P9's in the loft area to help with strength over ranges and used the powerline for real blackspot areas.

Also if the best bet is to go with the MR600 can I remove the arials and screw in my external one?

Hope this makes sense and can get feedback asap as I would like to make a purchase asap.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 compatibility with router
2020-01-28 09:08:45

@LeeUK I just got a P9 plus version (3 units) which suposedly should cover my house and my neighbours :)

Was expecting better performance as my house of 145 square meters (3 floors) is just half covered, for best results I still need 2 more units.

My house is of concrete blocks and that kills all signals so if I am outside 4-5 meters from the deco unit I get no signal.

i am yet to fully test it with other settings but I guess I may have chosen some other cheaper option.

i do not want to connect to my own router (AP mode) as then you loose Deco's built in QoS and parental control (which was another main reason for purchase)

Options
2020-02-01 08:23:19

@LeeUK 

Hello, you can use the Deco P9 with the existing huawei router to boost the wifi signal and build up a mesh wifi system. The Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless; and the Deco P9 supports powerline backhaul than other Deco units.

If you want to use the huawei router as the main router, you can configure the Deco P9 as the access point mode; and there won't be double NAT issue; or you can configure the Deco P9 as the main router and setup the huawei router as bridge mode.

For the differences between router mode and AP mode, please refer to this article.

May it help.

Options
2020-02-03 16:34:23

@LeeUK My bad, I actually have M9+ (what is written on the box) units, not P9. I also went bonkers and spent money on another 2 units, so I have now 5 in total with house well covered inside, but for signal outside nothing changed - my house my fortress, nothing comes in and nothing comes out :).

Probably needs a bit more playing with placement of them. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1504

Replies: 3

Related Articles