lost of DNS on remote E4 for laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-30 07:33:09 - last edited 2020-02-04 08:36:49
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have a set of deco with 1 M5 connected to my fiber router, and 1 E4 connected at the other side of the house thru ethernet, a TP Link switch is the main switch

if I have no issue with smartphone, I encounter issue with laptop where the connexion is lost or long to recover after sleep mode

it's connected to my network, but not on the internet, troubleshooting from windows show DNS issue

my Deco network is on AP mode to not conflict with my fiber router

it works well with the principal M5, but lot of trouble with the E4

any idee of the cause ? could the fastroaming option could be the cause ?

many thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:lost of DNS on remote E4 for laptop-Solution
2020-01-31 07:59:37 - last edited 2020-02-04 08:36:49

@fserre 

problem fixed, the issue was caused by a similar IP Adress of my switch and my fiber router, I saw this this morning, change my switch IP Adress and now all is working

maybe a bug however to report, for the TP Link switch or the M5, as the TP Link switch was set on DHCP mode but have the IP of the fiber router, or a default 192.168.0.1 IP, with an emtpy gateway IP

my switch is connected to port 1 of the M5, while the port 2 is connected to the fiber router

I now have full mesh running perfectly, with Ethernet Backhaul on my Deco devices (I had to change my DLink switch to a TP Link, but issue was caused because I decided to purchase a manageable one, I don't need it but in case of, but it caused my issued

all solved now

regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:lost of DNS on remote E4 for laptop-Solution
2020-01-31 07:59:37 - last edited 2020-02-04 08:36:49

@fserre 

problem fixed, the issue was caused by a similar IP Adress of my switch and my fiber router, I saw this this morning, change my switch IP Adress and now all is working

maybe a bug however to report, for the TP Link switch or the M5, as the TP Link switch was set on DHCP mode but have the IP of the fiber router, or a default 192.168.0.1 IP, with an emtpy gateway IP

my switch is connected to port 1 of the M5, while the port 2 is connected to the fiber router

I now have full mesh running perfectly, with Ethernet Backhaul on my Deco devices (I had to change my DLink switch to a TP Link, but issue was caused because I decided to purchase a manageable one, I don't need it but in case of, but it caused my issued

all solved now

regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:lost of DNS on remote E4 for laptop
2020-02-04 08:36:42

@fserre 

Hello, thanks for your valued reply; glad to hear that you figured it out.

If need more help in the future, be free to let me know.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 2

Related Articles