Virgin Media and Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Virgin Media and Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Virgin Media and Deco
Virgin Media and Deco
2020-02-01 18:42:29
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Help!

I've just set up a Deco P9 today. I'm on Virgin Media and have 350mb broadband. I've got everything connected and running however I am only getting around 100mb on devices. I have wired via ethernet to the main deco and the speed to that is 367mb. I think I need to get into the deco settings and change to 80 to open up the bandwidth. I cannot log on to the web interface. I have tried via the ip address, tplinkwifi.net, tpdeco.net...all I get is cannot connect to server. I have spoken to livechat and they said I needed to update the deco, checked and all up to date. I have called their support and they were useless saying I cannot change settings on the router...cannot change ports etc. I have said I need to log in to the web interface and get in to the router settings, he said that is not possible and who told me i needed to increase the bandwidth....arrrgggghhh

Can anyone help. I can't understand why I cannot log in to my router. I think the bandwidth is set at 20 or 40 and therefore I will only get around 100mb but need to change to 80. I am using my Hub 3 as a modem only

Options
1 Reply
Re:Virgin Media and Deco
2020-02-12 10:22:38

@DonDon 

Hello, the Deco P9 does not support web UI now, that is why you can not access it.

We can do some troubleshooting on the speed issue and try to locate it and fix it.

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together?

2. It seems that the speed from the main Deco is normal, what about the slave Deco?

3. Try to swap the locations of the slave Decos and you can switch the slave Deco to the main Deco to test the performance.

4. Besides, try to disable QoS and set it as standard.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3476

Replies: 1

Related Articles