Get android phone on to TP-link network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-12 07:20:41
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

My recently acquired android phone (Samsung) "sees" the TP-LINK281 WiFi as "TP-LINK-9F4E68" but neither my hub (BTHub3) password nor any of the passwords given on the TP-LINK device label are accepted to allow the phone to "join" (it joins the BTHub3 network OK, but the signal is weak in the room I am using the device in and considerably stronger from the device's signal). My laptop works fine on the device, both on the wireless and on cable connect. Since I recently upgraded my hub (to BTHub3) with a new password from my previous (Hub2) password, I suspect that I am using a device-specific password for the TP-LINK WiFi on my laptop since I did not need to give it my new Hub3 password, but I can't remember what I did. Other TP-Link powerline devices are on the system (giving access to a desktop PC in another room, and our BT Vision box in another room) without any problems - actually this seems to work well and I would recommend it. I just have this one wish - to get access to a stronger WiFi network signal (in this room) on my android phone. Any suggestions?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Get android phone on to TP-link network
2013-01-12 16:49:23
You can try check and configure the wireless security on the tplink adapter first: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=398
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 1