Struggling to get WiFi working from both two powerline WiFi extenders (WPA7510's)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Struggling to get WiFi working from both two powerline WiFi extenders (WPA7510's)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-04 09:48:58 - last edited 2020-02-04 16:55:33
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have gone through the last 10 or so pages of this forum and have not seen the same problem discussed and I apologise in advance if a similar issues has previously been resolved.

I bought two TL-WPA7510-KIT's and wired one of the two bases into the mains and connected it using Cat5 cable to my internet router.

I paired the base with one of the two satellite units (lets call this Unit A) and configured Unit A to broadcast a wifi signal. That worked but was not strong enought to cover my entire house, which although not big seems to have been constructed as some sort of weird Faraday cage.

I then added the other satellite unit (Unit B) to the network by going into the browser configuration and adding Unit B's 16 digit key code to add it to the same network as the base and Unit A.

At this point only Unit B was broadcasting the wifi network but Unit A was not providing a wifi signal. Unplugging Unit B from the mains and hitting restart on the browser configuration resulted in Unit A again broadcasting the wifi.

I have tried a number of diffent approaches including staring with the base and Unit A and then pairing Unit B with the base and starting with the base and Unit B and then pairing Unit A with Unit B (instead of with the base) and in each case the WiFi will only be broadcast by one of the two satellites.

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated. I plan to update the firmware on both the two satellites when I get home tonight but any other suggestions as to things I can try would be really helpful.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 457

Replies: 0

Related Articles