Odd behaviour in relation to Internet Access under Windows 7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-12 22:12:47
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA271KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought the TL-WPA271KIT and the TL-PA201 adaptor - all configured fine, and all working fine EXCEPT:

on a random basis, either one of the connections (wired or wireless) will display "No Internet Access" in the Network & Sharing Centre.

I am using an ACER Aspire PC and essentially connect via both Wireless and Wired LAN to the Powerline and on to my router. I have never had any problems previously with existing hardware.

The new TP-Link kit was an upgrade to my previous Comtrend Adaptors, which all worked fine, but I needed a bit of a wireless boost in my home office, so got the WPA271 kit.

As I say, it randomly switches between wired and wireless displaying as not having internet access. It is only when both display this that I don't actually get an internet connection!

Any thoughts please?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Odd behaviour in relation to Internet Access under Windows 7
2013-01-13 11:39:18
What is the status of the PLC light on both of your TP-link ?
Have you tried to use the pair button to set them up ?
Options
Re:Odd behaviour in relation to Internet Access under Windows 7
2013-01-17 04:50:12
I had a similar problem when setting up my WPA281 but in my case I think that was primarily a dual-channel issue (see separate post of mine). However I would recommend you use inSSIDer and check the WiFi channel your WPA271 is using in case there is interference from another router.
Options