Deco M9 Plus Home “Layout” change after initial setup/configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-07 03:18:38
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel. 54023

Hello,

I just installed three Deco M9's and configured them in Access Point mode.  I configured them all while they were in the same room.  I have moved the two "slave" M9's to other rooms in the house. 

When I did the initial setup, the application asked for the type of home “Layout” that I have.  I selected the single floor multi-room option.

Now that I have moved the satellite M9's to other rooms in my two story home, I would like to know if it is necessary to change the configuration in the setup to reflect a two story home “layout” so it will optimize the connectivity between the M9's.

If that is necessary, or possible, how would I go about making that change in the app?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Home “Layout” change after initial setup/configuration
2020-02-09 15:54:35

@mldemeo No, you don't need change anything ... just move your units....

Options
2020-02-10 01:46:44

@mldemeo 

Hello, the "layout" won't affect the performance of the actual Deco units; it is mainly used to give you customers a reference when you did the initial setup.

You do not have to worry about that;

Best regards.

Options
2022-01-05 17:51:31

@mldemeo layout option is misleading, you should reword that part of set up process. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1785

Replies: 3

Related Articles