Early days with the Deco X20 (3 pack) - Hong Kong

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-09 15:46:40
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20200110 Rel. 64273

Positives:

Smooth setup - very easy to get up and running. Did a quick speedtest from within the iOS Deco app over wifi (with around 10 other devices connected) and I maxed out my 1Gbs home internet speed. Happy with that. I then futher added a Netgear PLP1200S for ethernet backhaul over powerline and it look effect within a few seconds without need for configuration. 

Negatives:

Obvious that the firmware is still immature as there are limited advanced configuration options. The Deco app offers many more options than the web login. The advertised "HomeCare" features (antivirus, parental controls and Qos) are also all currently marked as "coming soon". Improved guidance on signal strength between Deco units would also help optimise positioning - currently a bit hit and miss.

Overall great performance. Looking forward to revised firmware once available.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Early days with the Deco X20 (3 pack) - Hong Kong
2020-02-10 01:53:55

@hybridE4t 

Hello, thanks for your sharing. It is glad to hear that the Deco X20 works well now.

As for the firmware, I understand that there are some features not available now, including the homecare options. But do not worry about that, new features will be added with the firmware upgrade in the nea future.

You can keep your eye on the Deco app or the official website for more updates.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 1