Deco M9, HP laptop will not connect to WIFI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-12 12:12:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just setup Deco M9 Plus (base+2 satelites).

My HP Laptop tries to connect,  connects and then after aound 10 seconds looses connection.

I have now started my "old" router WIFI again with a new SSID, (2.4g) and the HP laptop connects without any problems.

2 macbooks,  Ipads, Lenovo Laptop connects without any issues.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco M9, HP laptop will not connect to WIFI
2020-02-13 01:27:58

@JesperK 

Hello, is there any error message if the HP laptop failed to connect to the wifi?

Try to disable fast roaming and try to reconnect the HP laptop to the wifi again.

Besides, you can verify whether you can disable the 5GHz and use 2.4GHz only first;

Note: You can find it under more-advanced-wifi page on the Deco app.

Or considering other wireless devices work well, you can update the driver of the HP laptop to give it a go also.

May it work.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-23 10:42:13

@Kevin_Z Hi, I'm facing the same issue.

Thanks for your suggestions but it seems nothing works (even the latest driver update). Works fine for 5-8 minutes but, suddenly, the HP laptop it disconnects.

All the other devices (mobile, tablet, voice assistant, smart plugs) work perfectly well.

It's a bit weird.

Options
2020-03-24 17:16:56

@Mosquit 

Did you disable fast roaming for your laptop?  I had issues as well and disabling this reduced the WiFi problems of my HP laptop considerably. 

Options
2020-05-08 10:11:45

@JesperK I've same problem. Have u resolve it? Hope u can share the solution.

Options
2020-05-08 10:26:32
Got it! I change the access point in operating mode. It’s run well now with my laptop.
Options
2020-06-23 15:05:58

@realjax 

How do you disable fast roaming on your laptop?

Options
2020-06-23 15:07:13
How do you change the access point in operating mode?
Options
2020-06-23 23:21:30

@Stewy 

Hi buddy. I realised when connected to company's VPN, all of sudden the internet connection disconnected. So I change the DECO's operating mode as access point. 

From DECO's app: More>Advanced>Operating Mode>Access Point

Just follow the steps and you have to restart the DECO (main). The disadvantage few functions will be 'unable' in DECO's app.

Hope this helps!

Options