Archer C9 PPTP Connection Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-12 15:39:19
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.17.1 Build 20180125 Rel.56387n

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and to TP Link and hoping you guys can help me out. I'm trying to configure a PPTP connection on the Archer C9 V1 but the connection fails to complete connecting, showing a "Connecting..." on the WAN page (Advanced >> Network >> WAN). 

I'm failing to obtain an Internet IP Address or an Internet DNS for that matter.  Has anyone seen a problem like this before? I'm running firmware 3.17.1 Build 20180125 Rel.56387n

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C9 PPTP Connection Problem
2020-02-13 04:00:48

@Drew254 

Hello, do you want to connect the Archer C9 to the PPTP server to get internet access and choose PPTP as internet connection type?

May I know is VPN connection encrypted or not? For your information, the Archer C9 does not support encrypted VPN connection.

May it help.

Options
Re:Archer C9 PPTP Connection Problem
2020-02-15 19:38:26

@Kevin_Z Sorry for the delay i response and thanks for taking the time to response. I'm using ExpressVPN and I'm NOT using encrypted VPN, as far as my limited exprience leads me to understand. 

Yes I'm trying to connect the Archer C9 to get internet access and have chose PPTP as internet connection type. L2TP options simply aren't available to me at this time. I've included a screen shot of the options currently set on the Archer C9 router.

File:
WAN Capture.JPGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 901

Replies: 2

Related Articles